The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Zal
Crazy cat
Road Rocket
abhinavgupta
car-o-static
archit
dcargod
Vibhor
swapszone
13 posters

2008 Lancer / Evo X Coming To India

swapszone

2008 Lancer / Evo X Coming To India Empty 2008 Lancer / Evo X Coming To India

Post  swapszone 26th April 2009, 11:38 am

2008 Lancer / Evo X Coming To India

Mitsubishi India is remaking its position in India with aggressive plans and aggressive cars that will increase their presence in India and to build the brand image and trust among the Japanese company along with the Indian partner - HM. Yes, HM-Mitsubishi is going to launch their much wanted Lancer Evo X/2008 Lancer and those wheels could be at our command in mid-2009. Lets see what the Evo/Lancer has!

Engine, Power & Transmission

Under the hood of the new Lancer, one would find a 4 cylinder 16V 2.0L MIVEC petrol engine that would produce a class leading 152bhp at 6000rpm and peak torque of 198Nm @ 4250rpm. An interesting fact is that the Lancer would be provided with a 2.0L Diesel engine (which was borrowed from the German Volkswagen) produces an impressive 140bhp, the fact gets boring when you get to know that you gotta pay more for what they give you.

The most interesting fact is that India will be getting the EVO X rally replica with a 2L engine that bursts a 295bhp that is more powerful than most cars available below the 3.0L range, well don't expect it around your normal budget, it costs almost double the price of the normal engined car, like after duties and all it would cost like 25Lakhs, but the engine your getting with it, i think for people who are desperately interested can get this car instead of a Camry, 3- series or even a C-Class, will that happen? are there people seriously ready for that? Lets wait and watch.

Exteriors, Styling & Safety

The exteriors of the new Lancer has changed seriously, this time its so damn appealing that even it makes a Corolla look like a mouse. The strong character lines, the striking headlights, sporty bumper and the shark nose settles shapes the front amazingly. Don't expect those alloys to get here along with those wide wheels, too much for us ain't it, but those wheels along with alloys can be given for the Rally replica. The strong sidewalls and the shape makes turns it into a Godzilla type racer.

Another striking feature is the rear! the all new tail lamps look as appealing as the ones at the front, its maintains the overall theme of the car, except the position is a bit disappointing, but don't expect the mixture of black and the body colour and the twin silencers or the spoilers. But do expect them in the 25Lakh version of the car. Coming to the Safety thingy.. its meant to be a Rally car!! so the car cage will be damn strong, and of course airbags at the front though the international one has airbags almost everywhere. So expect great safety facilities. Mitsubishi will not be quiet this time, they are seriously planning stuff!

Interiors & Comfort

The interiors are well laid out and much better than the Corolla, but it meets the Civic where interiors is major. The new Lancer's interiors are as impressive as the Civic. The new Lancer is also said to have generous leg, head and shoulder room, competitive but not best in class. The new lancer is very much away from the previous generation. The dashboard is well made and the aluminum finish gives it a more attractive look. The Mitsubishi steering wheel has embedded controls as well.

The new Lancer has many holes for comfort and convenience like glass holders and magazine holders for long trips and cup holes for busy office rushers. A small gear creates a sporty fell in the driver. The driver is reachable to everything around him. The overall interiors of the new Lancer is great and can cause a serious competition for the Civic.

Overall

The car is great, company is great, interiors are great, engines are great, safety is great, but service and dealers are not that great. The price should be adjusted to match the Civic. By the way, the new Lancer would cost around 10L-13L for the 2.0L normal versions and about 25L more or less for the Rally replica. Mitsubishi might sell the new Lancer along the present 2 generations. Lets hope all goes well for HM-Mitsubishi.

Source: AutoCrust
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

2008 Lancer / Evo X Coming To India Empty Re: 2008 Lancer / Evo X Coming To India

Post  Vibhor 26th April 2009, 9:00 pm

This is one of the awesome machine!
    I like it very much, Wish to buy one day, Evo's pricing is expected to be around 25-30lacs OTR which is almost close to a BMW 3series but enthusiasts would definately prefer it over Bavarian beast.

VT
    dcargod
    dcargod

2008 Lancer / Evo X Coming To India Empty Re: 2008 Lancer / Evo X Coming To India

Post  dcargod 27th April 2009, 1:52 am

I donot know about the rest, but I am definetly going to buy one once I start earning money..!!
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 27th April 2009, 1:31 pm

Some pics of it -

2008 Lancer / Evo X Coming To India 2009-m10
    2008 Lancer / Evo X Coming To India Lancer10
    2008 Lancer / Evo X Coming To India Mitsub10

VT
    archit
    archit

Post  archit 27th April 2009, 1:39 pm

wow!
    this is great news for people who love to own Evo!
    this is their chance
    and the price is mouth-watering! this will boost Mitsubishi sales up for sure!
    car-o-static
    car-o-static

Post  car-o-static 27th April 2009, 5:40 pm

If I buy this i would certainly head off to japan and learn drifting and drag racing.
    Some say you become one with the car once you hold the steering and the car responds to you as much as your arms and feet would.
    abhinavgupta
    abhinavgupta

Post  abhinavgupta 27th April 2009, 5:49 pm

I would definitely wait for it.
    Its on my hit list for a long time.
    But i'll have to save a lot for it.
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 27th April 2009, 9:10 pm

Amazing car with brilliant design and engeneering!👍

Road Rocket
    swapszone

Post  swapszone 28th April 2009, 12:49 am

its already been booked
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 28th April 2009, 11:29 am

swapszone wrote:its already been booked
    By whom? You?

VT
    swapszone

Post  swapszone 28th April 2009, 7:52 pm

Vibhor wrote:
    By whom? You?

VT
    no. not me yet. but one of my friend. i shud be the next

MOD NOTE(Abhinav) :
    Do not... post ... like ... this
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 29th April 2009, 11:52 am

swapszone wrote:
    Vibhor wrote:
    By whom? You?

VT
    no.. not me yet... but one of my friend... i shud be the next
    oh Thats great! clap

VT
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 30th April 2009, 2:14 pm

Cool swapszone that you are planning to book one, By the way, your moded lancer already looks half Evo.:evil:

RoadRocket
    swapszone

Post  swapszone 1st May 2009, 3:56 pm

ya... half EVO... now want a full EVO... what say
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 2nd May 2009, 12:55 pm

MITSUBISHI TO LAUNCH EVO X IN INDIA

Mitsubishi is planning to launch the Lancer Evo X in India by the end of this year. It is likely to cost around Rs. 27 lakh. The Evo X produces 280bhp of power and is something which will give enthusiasts what they have been waiting for since a long time.
    (Motorbeam)
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 2nd May 2009, 5:18 pm

These two beauties are going to change Mitsubishi's future in India. Evo will boost the value and the Lancer will boost the sales. I read before that this Lancer would be renamed, any idea on that?
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 2nd May 2009, 5:22 pm

Crazy cat wrote:These two beauties are going to change Mitsubishi's future in India. Evo will boost the value and the Lancer will boost the sales. I read before that this Lancer would be renamed, any idea on that?
    Renaming Lancer? I don't think so because lancer has now itself become an iconic name.

VT
    Zal
    Zal

Post  Zal 3rd May 2009, 5:26 am

Vibhor wrote:
    Crazy cat wrote:These two beauties are going to change Mitsubishi's future in India. Evo will boost the value and the Lancer will boost the sales. I read before that this Lancer would be renamed, any idea on that?
    Renaming Lancer? I don't think so because lancer has now itself become an iconic name.

VT

Yes, I know the lancer gets renamed as a galant in other countries. I saw one here and I started laughing, as I thought some idiot changed it to that....
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 3rd May 2009, 9:42 am

oh but its iconic for lancer as its name and brand for mitshubishi, dont think they would change its name for our market, but u never know they might.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 3rd May 2009, 10:16 am

I read this in ACI before. Because the current Lancer was said to be sold along with this new Lancer. But I too prefer the Lancer name. As vijay said, its iconic.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 3rd May 2009, 7:46 pm

thackervijay wrote:oh but its iconic for lancer as its name and brand for mitshubishi, dont think they would change its name for our market, but u never know they might.
    Thats what I said, Lancer is itself an iconic name, So if mitsubishi does this mistake to rename lancer, It might affect on its sales.

VT
    swapszone

Post  swapszone 4th May 2009, 4:15 pm

it is true guys...
    i've been in touch with the guys at mitsubishi motors... they are launching the new Lancer as Lancer Gallant in India...

EVOX wud be a direct import and wud cost more than 30lacs...
    autodude sparsh
    autodude sparsh

Post  autodude sparsh 5th May 2009, 3:14 pm

The EVO X will cost around 30 lakhs.
    I read somewhere that the EVO will not be named Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X, but Mitsubishi Evolution X.
    The new lancer looks like a Shrunken Evo and will appeal to those who want an Evo but can't get the money.
    swapszone

Post  swapszone 5th May 2009, 8:41 pm

yup... anyways its launched everywhere in the world as EVO X... and never as Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

the new lancer and the EvoX share the same chasis though

check the mitsubishi motor website to confirm this
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 6th May 2009, 1:55 am

When is the plain lancer coming?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19th May 2024, 2:59 pm