The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
archit
Crazy cat
Vibhor
im_hummer_freak
thackervijay
dcargod
swapszone
11 posters

Skoda India threatens members of an auto forum

swapszone

Skoda India threatens members of an auto forum Empty Skoda India threatens members of an auto forum

Post  swapszone 26th April 2009, 12:15 am

Hi,
    Source: Another Indian Automobile Forum

Looks like Skoda India has lost it all. First, their dealers provide consistently bad service. Yes, they have even gone to the extent of replacing spares of their customers' cars with spurious ones, thereby putting their customers' lives in danger.
    Internal e-mail circulated between Skoda and its dealers:
    In the month of January 14th, 08, the said vehicle was reported for periodic service and during that service schedule the dealer had replaced both front brake rotors (brake discs), but within a month period the customer has faced concern about brake juddering, as per the customer apprehension, I have inspected the replaced brake discs, found the same are Non-Genuine parts (substandard spares which are available in grey-market).
    Next, their mothership, Skoda Czech Republic completely washes its hands off the matter:
    We would like to advice the fact that the company SKODA AUTO INDIA Private Limited (SAIPL), Aurangabad is fully independent manufacturer as well as an exclusive importer for sales and services of Skoda vehicles on the territory of India and is entitled to resolve any customer claim within its own competence. We, as the manufacturer in the Czech Republic, are not entitled to influence the process of resolving claims in another way than by providing technical advice if it is requested by the respective importer.
    Then, Skoda India threatens members of T-BHP with legal consequences for voicing their opinion:
    I have been advised to inform you that the hosting or publishing of such information (which , does not represent all of the facts) would instigate both T-BHP as well as the various users in the ongoing court case.
    I have vowed never to purchase any Skoda product.

Last edited by Vibhor on 26th April 2009, 9:57 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Link of other forum removed.)
    dcargod
    dcargod

Skoda India threatens members of an auto forum Empty Re: Skoda India threatens members of an auto forum

Post  dcargod 26th April 2009, 2:55 am

This is the limit...!! Why don't they just appologize to the customer and give him the genuine parts for free. Replacing original stuff with grey market ones is a serious offence and Skoda can face serious consequences if the customer can prove it to the legal authority...!!

I think they have gone over their obsession with quality, which they so dearly did till now..!!
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Skoda India threatens members of an auto forum Empty Re: Skoda India threatens members of an auto forum

Post  thackervijay 26th April 2009, 10:15 am

you are telling of replacing it,there are more such cases going on against skoda india who have messed up badly here since few months, one owners car's spares were replaced with spurious ones and they still have his car which is almost more then a year now with them, another superb owner faced the same thing with his steering rod malfunctioning, few other fabia and octa owners also are facing some trouble, dunno whats wrong with skoda india and skoda CR.Am not saying anything for brand but have been listning this from few owners which skoda is not intrested to hear or rectify.
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 26th April 2009, 3:48 pm

sad to know of such companies. bad for the auto industry that such companies exist.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 26th April 2009, 9:17 pm

8O That is surprising to know, I didn't even expected such kind of behaviour from a reputed brand like Skoda, Now, There will be many people who will avoid buying a skoda product.

VT
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 27th April 2009, 1:49 am

Skoda needs to act fast if they want to improve this mess. I think their ASS has gone to the dogs.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 27th April 2009, 9:00 am

Vibhor wrote:8O That is surprising to know, I didn't even expected such kind of behaviour from a reputed brand like Skoda, Now, There will be many people who will avoid buying a skoda product.

VT

Many have already started not to opt for skoda atleast from teambhp, who have read the reality member faced and is facing since 1 year and still on, even i heard from a friend of mine who heard from somewhere about that same case going on with skoda and cancelled his booking and went with Honda, skoda really needs to pull up their socks with their ASS and dealer network's attitude.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 3rd May 2009, 10:41 am

Another shocking news of skoda owner:
    skoda laura Complaints - falling down of engine

can you believe, owner of skoda laura found on his journey in between where his hood started making noise and when checked found shocking thing in his life where the engine had fallen from its place and was stopped falling on road with the support from the base of the car. Really shocking :affraid:

http://www.consumercomplaints.in/complaints/falling-down-of-engine-c22517.html
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 3rd May 2009, 10:57 am

Vibhor wrote:8O That is surprising to know, I didn't even expected such kind of behaviour from a reputed brand like Skoda, Now, There will be many people who will avoid buying a skoda product.

VT
    I read this article on T-BHP back. I think a Skoda dealer in Mumbai did it. They changed some genuine spares worth 4 lakhs with duplicate parts, including brakes. And now the dealership is cancelled. The car was replaced with genuine parts in another dealership. But Skoda wanted some sort of letter to state that any such change hadn't been done in the dealership. But the car owner refused and case is still in the court for more than 1 year.

thackervijay wrote:Another shocking news of skoda owner:

can you believe, owner of skoda laura found on his journey in between where his hood started making noise and when checked found shocking thing in his life where the engine had fallen from its place and was stopped falling on road with the support from the base of the car. Really shocking :affraid:

OMG :affraid: ! Skoda is on the wrong path i guess. In Autocar helpline, there were many Skodas which had problems. Some of which is not solved too.
    archit
    archit

Post  archit 3rd May 2009, 11:09 am

thackervijay wrote:Another shocking news of skoda owner:

can you believe, owner of skoda laura found on his journey in between where his hood started making noise and when checked found shocking thing in his life where the engine had fallen from its place and was stopped falling on road with the support from the base of the car. Really shocking

really sad storyactually Skoda is a great brand with some very good products just that no support in India!
    abhi_qpotsiavs
    abhi_qpotsiavs

Post  abhi_qpotsiavs 3rd May 2009, 5:44 pm

This is too much. Never knew about these updates. Thanks to TAI. What swrong with Skoda guys? I love all products of Skoda but will have to be careful before buying/ recommending one to others henceforth.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 4th May 2009, 9:14 am

guys just go down to consumercomplains.in and write down skoda complains and see how many pages pops up full of complains, and another shocking one was when new superb was brought few weeks back and was found malfunctioned at the dealer.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 4th May 2009, 9:42 am

SKODA doing such things??:affraid: i was unaware of all this happening,
    how can a company like skoda do all this?? it should act soon or else very soon it should shut down its sales in india for sure,
    this is ridiculous:x
    autodude sparsh
    autodude sparsh

Post  autodude sparsh 5th May 2009, 3:08 pm

I read it one the other 'FORUMS' as well including the site which is being threatened. Skoda just doesn't want to except that they have the worst customer care in India.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 5th May 2009, 3:53 pm

ofcourse they do,
    Akash
    Akash

Post  Akash 23rd May 2009, 12:39 pm

I had been following this forum since long at TBHP.I think such kind of action should be taken that these brands get a lesson so that they never do such kind of things again.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 21st May 2024, 3:29 am