The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Vibhor
sharash
zinam
Crazy cat
jbond830
9 posters

Your future mode of transport - India shining

Poll

Whats your future mode of transport

[ 3 ]
    Your future mode of transport - India shining Vote_lcap227%Your future mode of transport - India shining Vote_rcap [27%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Your future mode of transport - India shining Vote_lcap29%Your future mode of transport - India shining Vote_rcap [9%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Your future mode of transport - India shining Vote_lcap264%Your future mode of transport - India shining Vote_rcap [64%] 

Total Votes: 11
    jbond830
    jbond830

Your future mode of transport - India shining Empty Your future mode of transport - India shining

Post  jbond830 30th November 2008, 1:09 pm

Everyone at some point in his life will need a mode of transport and in India that choice is very much dependent on budget.

Considering the fact that any IT/Mechanical/Customer care worker can only save a maximum of rs50000 in a 5 month period, they would initially opt for a two-wheeler. Also, most of them are budget customers who just need a mode of transport, except a very few who buy it as an enthusiast. Even some will go for another bike after a few years, may be its a higher end bike, but still they are on a budget.

At some point of time they get to know the limits of a bike, its constant trouble of maneuvering, dodging potholes and bumps. Needless to say the rainy season.....

Finally they choose to get a four-wheeler.
    Looking back at all this, its seams like a round-about way to get to a simple solution. i.e a comfortable safe ride throughout the year.

To infer, the mode of transport & hence the standard of living is determined very much by cost. Its worthy to note Japan which has several low powered(<800cc) four-wheeler to suffice the needs of this niche market.

The Tata Nano is the first car in India to offer a low cost, low powered, budget car which promises to rise the standard of living of the working middle class who constitute most part of the Indian population.

Now let me take the freedom to post a new poll.

Last edited by Road Rocket on 14th December 2008, 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to correct spelling in the heading.)
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Your future mode of transport - India shining Empty Re: Your future mode of transport - India shining

Post  Crazy cat 30th November 2008, 1:28 pm

My mode of transport will definitely be with my FZ. I love the bike and I'm taking it wherever I go. It has been almost 2 weeks I took my Swift. It is good for the traffic and saves time too. I don't like any scooters and Nano can be next choice in this list, but I have Swift for that.
    zinam
    zinam

Your future mode of transport - India shining Empty Re: Your future mode of transport - India shining

Post  zinam 30th November 2008, 3:22 pm

My Preferable mode of transport in city will be with my Pep+ :lol!:

Itz easy to drive & blaze away anywhere in city jus like that... :flower:

If it comes to car i have my Black beauty which eases my life.. :yup:
    sharash

Post  sharash 30th November 2008, 4:08 pm

NANO is a sure NONO 4 me

Activa does not activate my urge to ride

Pulsars,Apaches are good but not the best! but better than the competition here...

I would love to have a Royal Enfield here!
    jbond830
    jbond830

Post  jbond830 30th November 2008, 6:51 pm

Most of us have already bought a car and a bike. So this survey doesn't make much sense here. Bikes like FZ16 are really good to own, but I doubt if that would be the choice for majority of the middle class for their initial buy.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Your future mode of transport - India shining Empty hmm.......

Post  Vibhor 30th November 2008, 7:41 pm

Well, ill go for a car only but not Nano!..its nono for me too!! :)
    archit
    archit

Post  archit 6th December 2008, 11:12 am

i'll take a FZ with me anyday!!!
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 7th December 2008, 9:46 am

i could go with fz or royal enfield.
    no to nano.
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 14th December 2008, 4:13 pm

Any bike for me:)
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 5th January 2009, 10:31 am

THREAD MOVED
    Zal
    Zal

Post  Zal 5th January 2009, 4:23 pm

I'll go with a bike. Either R15 or fz16

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19th May 2024, 11:24 am