The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Crazy cat
Road Rocket
thackervijay
abhinavgupta
Vibhor
9 posters

Trip to Shirdi -The Holy Place of Sai Baba[Pg.2]

roadlover

Smile Re: Trip to Shirdi -The Holy Place of Sai Baba[Pg.2]

Post  roadlover 18th June 2009, 12:36 pm

one of my friends live in nasik and she told me that it will take only 4 hours to reach shirdi from nasik.going by car will be more exciting as you will enjoy the natural beauty also

Last edited by raj_5004 on 18th June 2009, 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : SMS lingo)
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 18th June 2009, 12:37 pm

roadlover wrote:one of my friends live in nasik and she told me that it will take only 4 hors to reach shirdi from nasik.going by car will be more exciting as u will enjoy the natural beauty also
    read the thread before posting. he already went and came back also.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Smile Finally, Here it is!

Post  Vibhor 19th June 2009, 4:35 pm

Hello People,
    After making you wait for so long, Here is a short review of my trip to Shirdi with some images. So Here I go -

• Route; Delhi > Mumbai > Silvassa > Shirdi (via Triambakeshwara Temple).
    • Mode Of Transport ; Delhi-Mumbai By Air & Mumbai - Silvassa- Shirdi By Car (Toyota Innova G).

DAY 1
    On Wednesday 27th May morning we departed to Mumbai by flight, It took approx. 2 hours and we were on the land of Maharashtra's capital and India's Financial capital, Mumbai, As I had already visited Mumbai so it made no sense to visit it again after an year, So without wasting any time we headed towards Silvassa in our relative's Toyota Innova [G], I won't share much about the car because its review has been already posted HERE alongwith pictures.

After around 4 hour long drive I saw a board saying Dadra & Nagar Haveli welcomes you and as the time was passing & Kms decreasing my excitement rate started increasing!

Finally, We reached in UT Silvassa and when i came out of car, I felt the temperature to be moderate and low in comparision to Delhi's!!

DAY 2

It was now our next day and we planned to visit the nearby places by car...................
    The Real Adventure Now Begins!

As everyone of you must be knowing that Silvassa is mostly filled with factories of Big Brands like Hinustan Unilever Limited, Siyaram's, Parle Agro etc etc theres nothing much to see there except of these factories, the smoke coming from their chimneys polluting environment and those heavy trucks!
    I visited one of the factory there(Cannot post the pictures here due to security reasons.) Apart from this, I visited the local market etc.

Now, Our driver told us that at a distance of 9Kms. theres a wildlife Park where we can find Lions etc( I had previously visited Jim Corbett but spotted none of the tiger, so i didn't had any hopes)but still we headed towards the park in a hope of spotting one
    When we reached on the entry gate of wildlife park, It was clearly mentioned (Theres only 1 Lion Inside!)I left all the hopes now, We sat in their van and moved towards the forest and after few Kms we found something lying near a pond, It was of goldenish colour and Wow!What was that!?!, It was a Lion, Not Lion but a Lioness actually.
    The driver stopped the van very near to her and started taking her snaps, It was really a great moment but because she was the only lioness in forest, She was very sad and didn't did much activity, After asking from their authority we found there 3 more tigers will bought.

After this Jungle tour was over we headed to the Daman Dam which was very near to it.
    Had a great time there the flow of water was really very fast that the water was looking like milk because of white colour, Rest you can take an idea from the pics.

DAY 3

This day was even more exciting because we had to depart for Shirdi .
    On day 3 we visited few more places in Daman & Diu, Like Beaches, Parks etc of which I'm not going to share much you can view the pics yourself and enjoy. :winkthumb:

The Main Part Now Begins!........................

DAY 4

This is the day on which the whole thread is based upon!

It was 4 AM early morning I woke up with all the excitement level at extreme to head towards the place of Shri Sai Baba, Shirdi.
    We started our journey with the name Sai and it was all great then, Our car was the only one which was on those empty roads, No person, No vehicle Just our car, Also we spotted few tribals in our way(Not those which must be imagining saying hoo-la-hoo etc).
    They wear clothes and had mashal in their hands.

At 7 PM our driver told that we have reached on the land of Lord Shiva, Yes, It was none other than Triambakeshwara Temple, As we we went closer to temple we were able to hear the chants saying "Har har Bhole Namah Shivaya".
    We done up with the darshan etc in less than 40 Minutes time!.....Now continuing our trip to shirdi we hoped same for there too.

The Shirdi Experience Begins........................

It was 11 AM and I saw a huge board saying, Welcome To Shirdi - The Holy Place of Shri Sai Baba.

So without taking any trouble of booking any hotel there first, We right away went for the darshan for which we mainly went to Shirdi.
    Within half an hour we had darshan etc and after the noon aarti we went to visit other places in and around the Temple like Khandoba's temple and others are as follows,

• Gurusthan
    • Dwarkamai
    • Chawdi
    • Smadhi Mandir(Main Temple)
    • Lendi Bagh
    • Samadhi Of Abdul Baba and other devotees.

Use of Mobile Phones, Cameras etc is strictly prohibited under Temples Premises, Therefore no pics of there.
    After visiting all nearby places we searched for a hotel, All the hotels near main temple were full, So we got booked a hotel which had 15 minute distance from Main Temple.

DAY 5

On the day 5, We attended the moring aarti, Also known as Kakkad Aarti, and again we entered in the Darshan queue and this time it took around one and a half hour to get darshan as it was sunday.

On the same day we went to the Shani Temple which has 3hours distance from Shirdi.
    We covered everything and returned back in eveing, We all were tired by now but still full of joy and happiness.
    It was time to go back to silvassa and we headed back to it with the hopes that we will make our trip again to shirdi soon!
    The way we came, same way we went back to delhi on our 7th Day, which was a whole week trip, and must say that this was one of my very memorable trip yet.
    If you have some similar experience of this place, Please feel free to share them here, Pics coming up very soon, So keep watching this thread.

VT
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 19th June 2009, 5:16 pm

nice write up vibs. it must have been a great road trip. even i've been wishin to go on a road trip since a long time.
    waiting for the pics. :D
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 19th June 2009, 5:47 pm

Thanks Hummer, Here are the pictures -

Trip to Shirdi -The Holy Place of Sai Baba[Pg.2] - Page 2 91521976

Empty Roads.....but Beware of heavy Trucks!
    Trip to Shirdi -The Holy Place of Sai Baba[Pg.2] - Page 2 25831849
    Trip to Shirdi -The Holy Place of Sai Baba[Pg.2] - Page 2 14519256
    Trip to Shirdi -The Holy Place of Sai Baba[Pg.2] - Page 2 93705113
    Trip to Shirdi -The Holy Place of Sai Baba[Pg.2] - Page 2 87193126
    Trip to Shirdi -The Holy Place of Sai Baba[Pg.2] - Page 2 63505536

Some pictures of the Vasona Lion Safari Park....
    Trip to Shirdi -The Holy Place of Sai Baba[Pg.2] - Page 2 68707808
    Trip to Shirdi -The Holy Place of Sai Baba[Pg.2] - Page 2 72121233
    Trip to Shirdi -The Holy Place of Sai Baba[Pg.2] - Page 2 82155287
    Trip to Shirdi -The Holy Place of Sai Baba[Pg.2] - Page 2 67796245
    Trip to Shirdi -The Holy Place of Sai Baba[Pg.2] - Page 2 55692499

Now, This is the are where the Dam is located......
    Trip to Shirdi -The Holy Place of Sai Baba[Pg.2] - Page 2 45517006
    Trip to Shirdi -The Holy Place of Sai Baba[Pg.2] - Page 2 24861561
    Trip to Shirdi -The Holy Place of Sai Baba[Pg.2] - Page 2 60904967
    Trip to Shirdi -The Holy Place of Sai Baba[Pg.2] - Page 2 93027360
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 19th June 2009, 5:54 pm

nice pics vibhor. lioness is really cute :)
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 19th June 2009, 5:59 pm

Entrace Gate of Daman & Diu.......

Trip to Shirdi -The Holy Place of Sai Baba[Pg.2] - Page 2 41204323
    Trip to Shirdi -The Holy Place of Sai Baba[Pg.2] - Page 2 80184164
    Trip to Shirdi -The Holy Place of Sai Baba[Pg.2] - Page 2 39108558
    Trip to Shirdi -The Holy Place of Sai Baba[Pg.2] - Page 2 51226402
    Trip to Shirdi -The Holy Place of Sai Baba[Pg.2] - Page 2 95344189
    Trip to Shirdi -The Holy Place of Sai Baba[Pg.2] - Page 2 712
    Trip to Shirdi -The Holy Place of Sai Baba[Pg.2] - Page 2 66784581

Now here comes the pics of Dadra Park!
    Trip to Shirdi -The Holy Place of Sai Baba[Pg.2] - Page 2 35115920
    Trip to Shirdi -The Holy Place of Sai Baba[Pg.2] - Page 2 62069029
    Trip to Shirdi -The Holy Place of Sai Baba[Pg.2] - Page 2 15448876
    Trip to Shirdi -The Holy Place of Sai Baba[Pg.2] - Page 2 80460336
    Trip to Shirdi -The Holy Place of Sai Baba[Pg.2] - Page 2 72764341
    Trip to Shirdi -The Holy Place of Sai Baba[Pg.2] - Page 2 23527128

Triyambakeshwara Temple.......

Trip to Shirdi -The Holy Place of Sai Baba[Pg.2] - Page 2 75174099
    Trip to Shirdi -The Holy Place of Sai Baba[Pg.2] - Page 2 96077570

Way to main temple in Shirdi!

Trip to Shirdi -The Holy Place of Sai Baba[Pg.2] - Page 2 72369743
    Trip to Shirdi -The Holy Place of Sai Baba[Pg.2] - Page 2 92268287

Hope you liked the Review & Pics. :)

VT

Last edited by Vibhor on 20th June 2009, 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 19th June 2009, 6:02 pm

again nice pics. i love daman. wish to go there again.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 20th June 2009, 1:00 am

Wow! Nice write up and beautiful pictures :goodjob: . It worths the wait.
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 20th June 2009, 12:41 pm

Wow, Vibs, nice job mate. It really is a very nice time that you had, as can be seen from your write up. You were almost reluctant to come back home. :D The description is pretty nice and will be of great help to others planning to visit Shirdi. The pictures are, again pretty good and meaningful as you have tried to capture the reality and not taken meaningless clicks. All in all, a job well done and a week well spent.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 20th June 2009, 3:14 pm

Crazy cat wrote:Wow! Nice write up and beautiful pictures :goodjob: . It worths the wait.
    Thanks CC.

dcargod wrote:Wow, Vibs, nice job mate. It really is a very nice time that you had, as can be seen from your write up. You were almost reluctant to come back home. :D The description is pretty nice and will be of great help to others planning to visit Shirdi. The pictures are, again pretty good and meaningful as you have tried to capture the reality and not taken meaningless clicks. All in all, a job well done and a week well spent.
    Thanks dcargod.
    Yes, I enjoyed alot there, This was my first trip to shirdi and silvassa, Before going there we were bit confused because we didn't knew anything about there, I searched alot on net, here and there but after coming back, Now I can guide one how to reach shirdi!
    Daman is a nice place as well but make sure you have your own mode of transport o taxi, Only then you can fully enjoy, Also thanks our driver(he was a localite of silvassa) and helped us alot regarding tourist places there. :)

VT
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 22nd June 2009, 12:26 pm

Ah finally i am able to get you to pen down your trip along with pics for all, thanks mate.Firstly a very well written travelouge and some cool pictures, shows you had good fun on your trip.Also one good point you told is the mode of your own transportation along with local giude or driver which is necessary for silvassa -daman-diu trip, else you just go around that place ceeing nothing for your time spend. cheers
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 22nd June 2009, 6:16 pm

Thanks vijay, If any ques. about the place, Please feel free to ask me. Smile

VT
    abhinavgupta
    abhinavgupta

Post  abhinavgupta 22nd June 2009, 6:39 pm

Great pics and report Vibhor.
    Wish to go to daman myself sometime.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 23rd June 2009, 8:30 pm

abhinavgupta wrote:Great pics and report Vibhor.
    Wish to go to daman myself sometime.
    Thank you Abhinav.
    There will be bit hot now, Best season(which I feel)to go there is Sept- October or March April.

VT

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 16th May 2024, 12:51 pm