The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

What to do to protect our cars during Summers??

Vibhor
    Vibhor

What to do to protect our cars during Summers?? Empty What to do to protect our cars during Summers??

Post  Vibhor 23rd April 2009, 1:17 pm

Hello guys!
    I was just thinking as the temperature outside is rising day by day and when we get inside our cars we just feel like we are sitting in a microwave!
    What all you guys will be doing to protect your cars in summer? Any tips which can help other also?
    Well, About me I'm planning to install a good sunfilm soon and I mostly park my car under a tree, but seriously its not a good idea by the end of the day there are many bird droppings on it! :lol: What you all say?
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

What to do to protect our cars during Summers?? Empty Re: What to do to protect our cars during Summers??

Post  Crazy cat 18th May 2009, 11:15 pm

Some one give some points, like how to protect paint in summers, etc..
    napster
    napster

What to do to protect our cars during Summers?? Empty Re: What to do to protect our cars during Summers??

Post  napster 19th May 2009, 1:08 am

the only think you can do naturally is to park it in shade, and when your driving, you cant help it, but some thing is better than nothing, park it where ever you find shade, i guess teflon might help to an extent
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 19th May 2009, 8:45 am

vibhor is actually right. i park my car under a tree, but the next day there are many dusty dead leaves on it, no bird droppings luckily!
    well, i have given my car an AC service(!!!), the teflon coating & sunfilm is already there.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 19th May 2009, 11:00 am

i park my car under a tree always and till date not even a single bird dropping, when i parked once in my dad's office cellar, shome bird dropped its waste on my hood, maybe its a bat or some other bird :lol:
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 19th May 2009, 12:29 pm

usually routines is to keep in under shades or parking slots nearby and also below tree which doesnt let car exposed under the sun which affects its colour, teflon is a good choice to do.Use parking covers if parked outside for more then two three hours, i use it and it helps.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 19th May 2009, 12:34 pm

I'm surprised to see so many replies suddenly in an old thread. 8O
    Anyways, Nice tips, I'm avoiding my car to park under a tree because of above mentioned reasons, I've found a place with some shade and I'm parking it there only now and yes, Vijay's poin is good, Car covers will help to protect the car's paint.

VT

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19th May 2024, 12:51 pm