The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
im_hummer_freak
Road Rocket
abhinavgupta
Vibhor
swapszone
9 posters

Car Modification and Tuning Workshop

swapszone

Car Modification and Tuning Workshop - Page 2 Empty Re: Car Modification and Tuning Workshop

Post  swapszone 4th May 2009, 8:06 am

BTW Guys ... if u have not noticed... u have to click on the pics to enlarge them...
    napster
    napster

Car Modification and Tuning Workshop - Page 2 Empty Re: Car Modification and Tuning Workshop

Post  napster 4th May 2009, 8:56 am

cool pics dude, i love the flame thrower thing, are these flame thrower kits available in india??
    swapszone

Post  swapszone 4th May 2009, 3:34 pm

napster wrote:cool pics dude, i love the flame thrower thing, are these flame thrower kits available in india??
    yup.. these are very much available in india... we have many cars in mumbai that have this kit...

this pic u see was taken at a workshop in mumbai recently...
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 4th May 2009, 8:38 pm

swapszone wrote:
    napster wrote:cool pics dude, i love the flame thrower thing, are these flame thrower kits available in india??
    yup.. these are very much available in india... we have many cars in mumbai that have this kit...

this pic u see was taken at a workshop in mumbai recently...

what is the price of that dude, do u get a universal kit for every car or does it differ from each other??
    whats the -ve side of it?
    swapszone

Post  swapszone 4th May 2009, 10:40 pm

this kit ranges from 5k to 25k... depending on the type or colour of the flame u want... its a universal kit...
    no known negatives that i've heard off...
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 4th May 2009, 10:44 pm

swapszone wrote:this kit ranges from 5k to 25k... depending on the type or colour of the flame u want... its a universal kit...
    no known negatives that i've heard off...
    Can it be installed in any car?Like in an 800?
    swapszone

Post  swapszone 4th May 2009, 10:49 pm

i think so.. but then u can only use it when u are revving it High...
    the flame is generated most of the times with the wasted fuel present in the exhaust gases...

or u can go in for the expensive one which has a fuel controller attached to the flame thrower and u wont have to depend on the fuel in the exhaust gases

the one seen here in the pic is the cheaper option and i works good as the engine is swapped to a D15 and it revs to 9000 RPM and is turbocharged
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 4th May 2009, 10:52 pm

o please not the expensive fuel controller one for m m800, it hardly gives me 12kmpl on ac in the city, i prefer the cheaper one which was posted b4, and i heard that this kit is installed only on a FFE? is it true?
    swapszone

Post  swapszone 5th May 2009, 8:45 pm

not necessary... u can also install it on the stock exhaust... or the one with just the endcan
    FFE is not compulsary
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 5th May 2009, 9:50 pm

thats cool, ill get this thing done soon, but is it available in hyderabad by any chance?
    swapszone

Post  swapszone 5th May 2009, 9:54 pm

that i have no idea
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 5th May 2009, 11:18 pm

i tried asking in a well known accessories store, he quoted 10,000 for that
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 6th May 2009, 11:41 am

Its of which brand?

VT
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 6th May 2009, 1:06 pm

he dint mention any brand , i asked him for a flame thrower kit, and mentioned my car model and year, he just said it'll cost you 10,000 for that and you need to place an order and pay advance because these things are shipped only on an order
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 6th May 2009, 4:02 pm

As swapszone said in his previous post that it ranges from 5-25k, So 10k should be ok then.

RoadRocket
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 6th May 2009, 8:17 pm

its ok?? what if he gets me the basic one and gives me a bill of 10k??
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 6th May 2009, 8:20 pm

:lol!: You're right napster, I think swaps can help you more in this matter. :)

VT
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 7th May 2009, 11:49 am

yeah, dude swaps where are you?

Last edited by napster on 7th May 2009, 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
    swapszone

Post  swapszone 8th May 2009, 9:10 pm

sorry guys... was busy and was away

yup... 10k is pretty steep for a basic one...

ur best bet wud be to get it from someone in Mumbai... else u'll have to blindly trust that guy...
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 8th May 2009, 9:14 pm

no ways dude, im never gonna trust people blindly, i had very bad times by trusting people.. i might be coming to bombay very soon this month with my friends for spending some time in these holidays.. and if your free ill contact you when im there and that too if you dont mind :lol!:
    swapszone

Post  swapszone 8th May 2009, 10:05 pm

try to come on a sunday... in my kind of job i work on sundays as well... but can manage though... only on a sunday

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content