The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
zinam
Crazy cat
archit
raj_5004
thackervijay
9 posters

my indica modification

thackervijay
    thackervijay

my indica modification Empty my indica modification

Post  thackervijay 8th February 2009, 11:18 am

hi friends, as discussed about my new car purchased has been posponed, i was thinking to add some spice on my current indica, so want you all to give your vaulable thoughts and comments as to what should be done in regards of indica, along with price for that and what would look good, decent and not too fancy. I just got my pillars to black few days back from original colour, else yet to think, please put your comments.Here is the pic of black pillars
    my indica modification 08022010
    my indica modification 08022011

Also to mention last night an idiot driver riding his bike put a dent on my rear door of the boot :( , which is about 4-5 inch on the upper right side of the door, now that is so annoying :affraid: , what to do as if geting repaired have to get the whole door painted, or shall i do some good sticker job done on that, ill post its picture soon of that dent, please do help in that too.CHEERS!!!
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

my indica modification Empty Re: my indica modification

Post  raj_5004 8th February 2009, 12:32 pm

firstly add alloys, it greatly enhances the look. you can go for indian made ones like Aura or neo which will range from 14,000 to 30,000 or you can go for plati/OZ... etc. i would advise you to stick to the indian but original ones.
    indica used to have a spoiler in its petrol version some time back, with in built LED brake lights. try sourcing that. will cost you around 2000-6000.
    are you interested in leather seats? its not practical for outr climate. artificial leather seats can be had for 20,000 or stanley leather is the best, will cost you upwards of 40,000 depending on the trim.
    avoid too many stickering on the car. it makes it look snazzy & dirty!

are you looking for just exterior modifications or you planning to do a ICE upgrade too? good audio systems cost you around 15,000 to.... no limit!
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 8th February 2009, 12:37 pm

yes even i thought to get that spoiler as i does looks good with brake lights, will find out that Raj. No dont want leather seats as had before in my old car so not suitable for our conditions and dont want them. Hey i saw a new vista couple of days before red one with roof rails, would they look good, what would u say?
    Also alloys sounds good as i too think for that but shall i go with stock tyres or change that too, but dont want to spend lots on this car as would keep this one for 1 or by max 2 more years.
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 8th February 2009, 12:41 pm

i actually dont prefer saloons or hatchbacks with roof rails. roof rails suit the tall boys more... SUVs or even santro/wagon R.
    thats just my personal opinion though. others can provide inputs on this too.
    archit
    archit

Post  archit 8th February 2009, 12:49 pm

as Raj said TV, put some cool rims, if u want u can put some decals on the side of the car
    or hood scoops!
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 8th February 2009, 1:06 pm

decals archit like??
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 8th February 2009, 5:16 pm

raj_5004 wrote:i actually dont prefer saloons or hatchbacks with roof rails. roof rails suit the tall boys more... SUVs or even santro/wagon R.
    I second raj in this.

I once found an Indica in my college with some stickers at the rear hatch. It looked nice. If I find it again, will try to snap some pics.
    zinam
    zinam

Post  zinam 8th February 2009, 10:20 pm

Yes Vijay,
    You can go for some decent Decals like Lightning which will increase the look of the Car !
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 9th February 2009, 10:11 am

here is the pic of that dent i told u yesterday,
    my indica modification 08022012
    my indica modification 08022013
    :frustration: this is so annoying man, i hate to see this dent.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 9th February 2009, 10:13 am

Crazy cat wrote:
    raj_5004 wrote:i actually dont prefer saloons or hatchbacks with roof rails. roof rails suit the tall boys more... SUVs or even santro/wagon R.
    I second raj in this.

I once found an Indica in my college with some stickers at the rear hatch. It looked nice. If I find it again, will try to snap some pics.

oh that would be gr8 buddy, do get me that pics, as i know lots of stickers makes the car look ugly after some time so dont want to do that, just a touch of change which would look good and cool.CHEERS!!!
    archit
    archit

Post  archit 9th February 2009, 10:30 am

actually it depends what kind of sticker u put!!
    yea decals of lightning would look cool :)

that dent isnt big but it is irritating and i know how it feels!! :frustration: :agree:
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 9th February 2009, 10:34 am

From the picture, I could not see any scratches, so paint didnot go off. This one seems to be a minor job, you can repair it easily, I guess. Just check with the dealer or who ever, that how much will it cost to repair the dent.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 9th February 2009, 10:53 am

yeah Cc but then have to paint the whole rear door, as just getting that dent out.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 9th February 2009, 10:56 am

I don't think that you have to paint again. A local mechanic can just make that dent out without spoiling the paint, by hitting from inside. just check out for once.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 9th February 2009, 4:22 pm

yes surely CC would check that out with the mechanic.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 9th February 2009, 4:50 pm

Crazy cat wrote:I don't think that you have to paint again. A local mechanic can just make that dent out without spoiling the paint, by hitting from inside. just check out for once.
    No,Not just hitting from inside it wouldn't make it as it was before.
    thackervijay,I had same kind of dent on my car like this few months back and it was on rear only because of a careless biker, I was stopped on a red light and suddenly a speeding biker hit my car!
    Anyways, back to topic, i won't suggest you to repair from a local mechanic (because they spoil it), Get it repaired from a authorised workshop of TATA (as i did same) and ask for 'dry denting'I know it will be bit expensive but still your car will be back in condition as it was before. :)
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 10th February 2009, 11:26 am

oh ok vibs, will go this wednesday as have my day off to check that out.
    Also do comment on what modification shall i go for with this car, and also one more thing, as was going through tyres section on ACI which says should change them after couple of years, do you guys say the same thing that shall i change my tyres or not,
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 10th February 2009, 10:27 pm

well guys, went to a tata dealer to check out few things and here's the price list got from them, went to Cargo Motors Pvt.Ltd here.
    Remote Lock type 1 4170/-
    Remote Lock type 2 4600/- with immobiliser.( both from Autocop)
    Spoiler 1879/-
    Fog Lamps 1600/-
    Wheel Caps 850/-
    what do you guys think i shall go for with the dealer stock, and what shall i go with aftermarket please comment on this, also would like to know whats the benifit with autolock with immobiliser and without it please suggest.I will go for remote lock and fog lamps for sure, from co. or after market is after your suggestions.CHEERS!!!
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 11th February 2009, 6:33 pm

I don't know which model you are reffering, my Autocop costed me 3k(from outside). It came with 3 year warranty(got the warranty card with dealer stamp).

I found the same sticker in another indica today. The sticker was like a dog peeping out a cover(sheet). It was pasted on the same area, where you have the dent. It looked nice. If possible check it out.
    zinam
    zinam

Post  zinam 11th February 2009, 9:24 pm

Except Remote locking everthing seems fine for Factory units Vijay.

You can just checkout Remote locking outside & if you can get it with bill, you can save few hundred bucks on that.

Rest all seems to be a nice price! But how come spoiler for 1879 ?? :affraid:

You will not believe if i say, For my i10, they asked 4500 for Normal spoilers & 9800 for LED Spoiler :(
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 12th February 2009, 9:49 am

no zinam , these are the prices from dealer price list, and also they are giving 6% discounts on all accessories, immobiliser one or without which one is better to go for. i guess the difference you are talking is someting even i feel is a huge price difference, also this one comes with LED alongwith.
    zinam
    zinam

Post  zinam 13th February 2009, 7:32 am

It sounds great Vijay, You should go for an Remote with immobilizer
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 13th February 2009, 2:08 pm

hey tv
    sad to see the dent on your car. i wouldnt advice for a sticker. i dislike stickers on a car. they should be clean and elegent. but thats just my opinion.
    as for the mods, only spoiler, side skirts and wheel caps will look good on the indica. or other than that you can go for a paint job but that will get costly. remote lock would be good any day. and i dont think fog lamps are of any use here in ahmedabad. if you really want to change the look of your car, leave all the rest of the things and get a new pair of shoes for your car with alloys. but then that again depends on your budget.
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 13th February 2009, 8:13 pm

i would say you can fit the Autocop with immobilizer at the dealer because it involves playing with some electronics which is best done at the dealer.
    the others, it is advisable to get it fitted outside at a trustworthy shop.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 14th February 2009, 10:40 am

went to tata dealers yesterday, and all the dealers were insisting to go for Autocop without immobiliser, as they said it gets difficult if your remote wents out on batteries and your keys wont be able to open your car, so what shall i go for, with or without immobiliser??
    Hey nice to see u back hummer, are you back in town or still over there.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 15th May 2024, 7:02 pm