The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
archit
Vibhor
6 posters

Ford plans new small car for India!

Vibhor
    Vibhor

Ford plans new small car for India! Empty Ford plans new small car for India!

Post  Vibhor 17th March 2009, 1:40 pm

Ford India will roll out a new small car in 2010. Ford will not change its plan of investing in the Indian market and will increase the localisation of parts to be competitive with other players.
    The small car will be engineered for Indian roads and will be available in petrol and diesel variants and will shorter than 4 metres in length. The petrol engine will displace upto 1200cc and the diesel upto 1500cc fulfilling all the norms of a small car defined by the Indian government getting a cut in excise. :)
    Ford plans new small car for India! Ford-logo-160x80
    archit
    archit

Ford plans new small car for India! Empty Re: Ford plans new small car for India!

Post  archit 17th March 2009, 3:22 pm

i think this new car may be the KA becasue i think that is the only small car available in Ford's armada!
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Ford plans new small car for India! Empty Re: Ford plans new small car for India!

Post  Crazy cat 17th March 2009, 5:08 pm

Is this the car you are talking about archit?
    Ford plans new small car for India! Ford_k10
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 17th March 2009, 6:12 pm

yeah CC i guess this is the one he's talking about, but what i am impressed is to know that ford is serious about expanding its production capacity and getting its costs down to compete with other players instead of rolling out new models.
    abhi_qpotsiavs
    abhi_qpotsiavs

Post  abhi_qpotsiavs 18th March 2009, 10:35 am

Even more imp is getting down the cost of spares and cost of service to the level of GM..
    zinam
    zinam

Post  zinam 21st March 2009, 12:30 pm

Ka is really a great Car on styling & surely take i10 out if its priced rite with lesser maintenance cost
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 21st March 2009, 2:18 pm

Ford is planning in localisation of its parts in indian market to keep up its costings down and compete with other players which is why the company has expanded its investments in parts manufacturing locally and making it cost-effective.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 20th May 2024, 11:37 pm