The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
autodude sparsh
Zal
abhinavgupta
zinam
archit
thackervijay
Crazy cat
Vibhor
autoguruindia
13 posters

Toyota India to introduce small car within two years

autoguruindia

Toyota India to introduce small car within two years Empty Toyota India to introduce small car within two years

Post  autoguruindia 24th February 2009, 12:41 pm

The small car from Toyota would be powered with 1.2-Litre and 1.3-Litre engine and will come in both petrol and diesel versions, according to an official of Toyota Kirloskar Motors, the joint venture between Toyota India and the Kirloskar group. The compact car will be available in both sedan and hatchback.

Toyota India to introduce small car within two years 2009-Toyota-Yaris

In the meantime the company has said that it is planning to double its dealership in India from the existing 82 dealers, in next two years to push small car. It is also sprucing up for the launch of CNG variant of the Toyota Innova and announced that the CNG variant is ready would be launched as soon as possible.

Toyota Kirloskar Motor Private Limited (TKM) a joint venture between Kirloskar Group and Toyota car aims to play a major role in the development of the automotive industry and the creation of employment opportunities, not only through its dealer network, but also through ancillary industries.

TKM's growth, since inception can be attributed to one simple, yet important aspect of its business philosophy of "Putting Customer First". TKM has maintained its commitment to provide quality products at a reasonable price and has made every effort to meet changes in customer needs.

Source: Infibeam.com News
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Toyota India to introduce small car within two years Empty Re: Toyota India to introduce small car within two years

Post  Vibhor 24th February 2009, 5:56 pm

Good News!Is this small car Prius? :)
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Toyota India to introduce small car within two years Empty Re: Toyota India to introduce small car within two years

Post  Crazy cat 24th February 2009, 10:04 pm

Great news. Any idea about when it is expected?
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 25th February 2009, 8:56 am

yes vibhor this is prius from toyota, which we might be able to see by this year end in our market in both engine options of diesel and petrol, though no confirm news of its launch, this one might come around diwali.CHEERS!!!
    archit
    archit

Post  archit 25th February 2009, 3:24 pm

hey wait ppl!!!
    prius is so not a small car!
    it is pretty big in sheer size in fact it is as big as a altis
    the small car will be 95% the Toyota Yaris
    that is a small car that competes with Jazz
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 25th February 2009, 3:30 pm

archit wrote:hey wait ppl!!!
    prius is so not a small car!
    it is pretty big in sheer size in fact it is as big as a altis
    the small car will be 95% the Toyota Yaris
    that is a small car that competes with Jazz
    What? As big as an altis? 😕 Are you talking about Yaris, archit?
    archit
    archit

Post  archit 25th February 2009, 3:32 pm

sorry for the confusion :8P:
    Prius=Altis in size
    Yaris=Jazz in size
    i hope this clears confusion
    zinam
    zinam

Post  zinam 25th February 2009, 6:01 pm

Hey Great car & looks good, But will be priced around 6+ Lakhs!
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 27th February 2009, 10:10 am

archit wrote:sorry for the confusion :8P:
    Prius=Altis in size
    Yaris=Jazz in size
    i hope this clears confusion

oops sorry guys for quoting a wrong name, thanks archit for the clarification, yes its Yaris and not prius from toyota that's gonna compete with jazz,fabia and i20, which would come in both petrol and diesel variants, will let u know details in a couple of days with its launch date and pricing.A friend is working on its designing of Yaris and she also worked for designing of Altis.CHEERS!!!
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 30th April 2009, 4:37 pm

TOYOTA PLANS TO LAUNCH AYGO INSTEAD OF YARIS!
    The Toyota Aygo is being launched instead of Yaris in 2009 but no idea in which quarter of the year,This is the great news! :D
    Some pictures of Aygo -
    Toyota India to introduce small car within two years Toyota-aygo-interior-02-02-09Toyota India to introduce small car within two years PhotoToyota India to introduce small car within two years Toyota-aygo-greenToyota India to introduce small car within two years Toyota-aygo
    (Info Source: TBHP)
    abhinavgupta
    abhinavgupta

Post  abhinavgupta 30th April 2009, 5:39 pm

Cute but the rear looks just-too-awkward.
    We've seen Toyota do that with the Corolla and now the Altis.
    Hope this one is priced well too.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 1st May 2009, 11:52 am

Toyota's Small Car Price!

Toyota India has revealed the pricing segment for the compact car it plans to launch next year. Toyota India also plans to jack up its production to 5,000 units a month by July, and double sales and servicing manpower by 2010.

“The compact car will be priced in the B+ category,” Sandeep Singh, deputy MD said. The company is looking at expanding dealer network from the current 82 to 150 by 2010-end. “With the compact car, we want to be in semi-rural and rural towns,” he added.
    The pricing of of cars in the B+ segment is between Rs 5 lakh and Rs 7 lakh. This means that the compact car will be priced between a Santro top-end variant and a Honda City entry variant. The model will be launched in both sedan and hatchback versions. Around 70,000 units of the so-called compact vehicle will be produced at its Rs 3,200-crore factory at Bidadi in Bangalore.
    The compact car will have a localisation of 65% to start with, and will gradually be taken to 90% by 2011. Higher localisation for the small car has made the company actively consider a new powertrain facility by the end of 2010. Still in the planning stages, the facility will be dedicated to producing engines and gearboxes for the compact car.
    http://www.motorbeam.com/news/toyota-news/toyota-india-small-car-price/
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 2nd May 2009, 9:20 am

well guys confirmed with my friend in toyota, she said it would be yaris which would launch first in our market with both diesel and petrol engines, will try to get the specs and details of engines.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 2nd May 2009, 1:03 pm

thackervijay wrote:well guys confirmed with my friend in toyota, she said it would be yaris which would launch first in our market with both diesel and petrol engines, will try to get the specs and details of engines.
    Thats nice vijay but then what about the above news which is also confirmed by a Tbhpian's friend in Toyota that aygo is coming instead of yaris. 😕
    Zal
    Zal

Post  Zal 2nd May 2009, 3:18 pm

Man that car looks so ugly. Why did the pull the yaris out????
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 2nd May 2009, 3:21 pm

Zal wrote:Man that car looks so ugly. Why did the pull the yaris out????
    But its looking quite nice to me, Atleast Better than yaris from front but rear looks odd though. :roll:
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 2nd May 2009, 4:50 pm

I like this Aygo. It looks good to me. Its size seems like it can be compared to A-star. It will be good fordriving focussed persons, i guess.
    archit
    archit

Post  archit 3rd May 2009, 7:59 am

man i have to agree with ZalYaris would have given the Jazz a good fightbut Aygo will give i10 a fight!javascript:emoticonp(':frustration:')
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 3rd May 2009, 9:40 am

Vibhor wrote:
    thackervijay wrote:well guys confirmed with my friend in toyota, she said it would be yaris which would launch first in our market with both diesel and petrol engines, will try to get the specs and details of engines.
    Thats nice vijay but then what about the above news which is also confirmed by a Tbhpian's friend in Toyota that aygo is coming instead of yaris. 😕

Dunno will re confirm with her, she is the head designer for Altis and Yaris and the news were that Yaris is coming in first then another small car, though will reconfirm next week with her.
    autodude sparsh
    autodude sparsh

Post  autodude sparsh 5th May 2009, 2:52 pm

I hope it's Yaris which comes.
    I just love that car.
    It has great performance, superb interior and astonishing road presence.
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 6th May 2009, 3:12 am

Even I hope that the Yaris comes. I used it in South Africa for around 10 days. Drove to Joburg, Port Elizabeth, Port Alfred, Durban, Cape town, etc. We were 5 people in the car, absolutely comfy. The transmission tunnel dosent protrude, hence the middle passenger is comfortable.
    It came with a 1.3lt engine and had one hell of a performance. It is as quick as the Swift, if not quicker. The engine is responsive and had a very punchy bottom end and mid-range grunt. It wasn't as free revving though. Interiors were well isolated from engine noise, but the car has some road noise.
    The ride and handling were good too. At speeds of over 150kph, which was nearly our average speed, It felt stable and secure, even with a huge amount of crosswinds striking it(a typical feature of South Africa). The steering was well weighted and responsive, aiding driver;s confidence. What was bad was the tyres, puny 165/80 ones.
    Interiors were comfy with a good amount of boot space. However more would have been better. The quality was also good with good plastics and well damped AC controls. Plus, it has a centrally mounted pod angled towards the driver(think Indica Vista). Our speedo and tacho were also digital with a cool green lighting.
    As far as FE is concerned, it went for about 650 kms on a full 45lt tank of petrol.

If this car comes to India, it will give cars like the Swift, Ritz, i20, Fabia, Jazz, Grande Punto some serious competition. Even I want to buy a Yaris for these reasons. It is the Maruti Swift of South Africa.
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 6th May 2009, 3:44 am

Toyota India to introduce small car within two years Capeto19
    autodude sparsh
    autodude sparsh

Post  autodude sparsh 6th May 2009, 8:37 am

Yeah Yaris!
    Bravo Bravo!
    Even my father used Yaris in the US.
    The ride was superbly comfy.
    I found the boot big enough.
    The plastics were of really high quality and looked as if it belonged to some very plush and expensive car.
    My father says performance was exhilarating, and the acceleration was monstrous. The Dynamics were thrilling. :affraid:
    I want Yaris to see the the light of India as I want all Indians to experience the thrill and driving pleasure, not to exclude, comfort and refinement. 👍 :Welcome:
    And it is said before that the car will come in hatch and sedan version, then it has to be the Yaris because it comes in a Sedan version and the AYGO doesn't.

Last edited by autodude sparsh on 6th May 2009, 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wanted to add content.)
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 6th May 2009, 11:42 am

the front looks good but the name sounds weird, how do you pronounce this thing? "AYGO" , is it I-GO??
    the back reminds me of the smart car, specially the bumper part
    Toyota India to introduce small car within two years _zap_s10
    autodude sparsh
    autodude sparsh

Post  autodude sparsh 6th May 2009, 1:33 pm

it's not I-GO
    it's A-GO

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 21st May 2024, 1:13 am