The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
satyam2936
raj_5004
thackervijay
zinam
Vibhor
Crazy cat
anjan
11 posters

Is Fitting huge speakers in hatchbacks worth it?

anjan
    anjan

Is Fitting huge speakers in hatchbacks worth it? Empty Is Fitting huge speakers in hatchbacks worth it?

Post  anjan 28th November 2008, 8:11 pm

The hatchback cars (both premium and budget) as such have a very limited boot space accessible through the rear.Many of us install huge speakers here which encroach the boot space thats already at a premium.
    The question that comes to our minds is that whether this is worth it?
    Yes and No.
    Yes for music enthusiasts who prefer a mobile concert hall while on the roads.
    No for others who are practical and like to save that space for carrying luggage if need be.
    But all said and done, the volume of the music played should be confined to only the car occupants ears and should not disturb the outside traffic and also not the driver.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Is Fitting huge speakers in hatchbacks worth it? Empty Re: Is Fitting huge speakers in hatchbacks worth it?

Post  Crazy cat 28th November 2008, 8:30 pm

Actually it is not very worthy to do so. An average speaker setup is quite good enough(for the persons in the car) to listen music on the go. While driving, we are not going to listen properly(every small sounds). But for me, it will be useful for showing off in college or else where. But I did not want to waste money and the current speaker set up is good enough for me listen, though high volume performance is not good. And also sub woofer will reduce boot space.
    But it depends on usage too.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Is Fitting huge speakers in hatchbacks worth it? Empty Re: Is Fitting huge speakers in hatchbacks worth it?

Post  Vibhor 28th November 2008, 9:07 pm

Very nice topic anjan buddy!
    Well, I don't think so that fitting such big n expensive audio system in a hatch is worth it!
    ..and i completely agree to your sentence that "the volume of the music played should be confined to only the car occupants ears and should not disturb the outside traffic and also not the driver."
    I think one should just install a pair of speakers in front and rear n ofcourse the headunit also!..n if more you want then just install subwoofers!Thats all!...and amps are just useless in a small car! :) :)

Vibhor
    zinam
    zinam

Post  zinam 28th November 2008, 10:13 pm

Itz actually good question....

It really depends on the person... :!:

According to me, As Vibhor said just an Head Unit accompanied with Front Components & Rear Co-Ax is enough...

But i have seen my friend's car & he have spent around 55K for Swift :cheers:

Last edited by Vibhor on 28th November 2008, 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to correct spellings)
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 29th November 2008, 11:19 am

well what vibhor said is correct and good topic buddy but people do spend to have a mini theatre on wheels but minimum requirement to listen music is justified rather then loud ones with huge amps..
    last night saw a guy with his new swift at the accesorry shop asking for a new set of system for 60-75 k so now we can think what ppl are lookin for
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 29th November 2008, 2:13 pm

But Vibhor I heard many people keep on insiting to use amp for better quality music. And also I think that amp is required to install sub woofer.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 29th November 2008, 4:20 pm

Yes CC ,people suggest to install amps for sound clarity n even i say same!
    ..but its actually useless in small hatches!..its useful for music enthus with their big saloons or SUVs!
    ...but there is no need of much sound clearity in a small hatch if you have already installed a good music system in it!...with good pairs of speakers! :)

and as you said "I think that amp is required to install sub woofer" ..
    Well,i don't think so that amps are must to install subs! :)
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 29th November 2008, 6:00 pm

@ anjan and crazy cat: even my car has an amp and basstube. but i dont put the volume on insane levels that will disturb my fellow road users.
    amplifiers are not needed to increase sound, they are needed to increase sound quality at low and high volume. they reduce distortion in speakers. as far as subwoofers/basstubes are concerned, music jas 3 ranges- low, medium and high, as you all know. low is taken care by subs, medium by speakers and high by tweeters. so for the complete musical experience, tweeters and subs are a must. just keep the volume at normal levels.
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 30th November 2008, 2:43 pm

THREAD MOVED.
    satyam2936
    satyam2936

Post  satyam2936 28th February 2009, 11:39 pm

nice question but depends person to person. a loud music system doesn't means that u r going to disturb others, actually for the music enthusiast sound quality means everything and should go for a good head unit and good set of speakers, sub
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 1st March 2009, 11:29 am

Correct satyam!
    And hey!A very warm welcome to you in TAI!Introduce yourself in intro sec. if you wish to,enjoy your stay! :)
    archit
    archit

Post  archit 3rd March 2009, 7:38 pm

well my thoughts are slightly different!
    when i get my car
    i am going surely to put some nice amps and subs
    because i am die-hard lover of loud music and whenever i listen in my car the passerby ppl can here
    but i like it!
    is there anything wrong in it guys?
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 3rd March 2009, 10:10 pm

It is wrong only when you drive and you don't here another vehicle's horn at a curve and hit his vehicle. But i think it won't be a problem in BKK, as the roads will be developed well and not like India.
    archit
    archit

Post  archit 4th March 2009, 1:18 pm

yea that's why i said that!
    not a problem here
    so many ppl do nowadays is that they buy the lowest variant of a car and just mod it heavyly!
    manan
    manan

Post  manan 12th March 2009, 11:22 pm

I dont agree on this, A hatchback is the eaiset car to have a good Music setup. Infact the loudest car in India is a Swift. Depends on your taste for music and passion. I will try to get my friend on this forum, The ICE in his GETZ equals the amount of his car. You will call him crazy
    manan
    manan

Post  manan 13th March 2009, 11:57 am

Some pics of a Friends Swift, ICE Install. Make a note that it is not a Demo car but of his personal use

Is Fitting huge speakers in hatchbacks worth it? IMG_2739

Is Fitting huge speakers in hatchbacks worth it? IMG_2740

Is Fitting huge speakers in hatchbacks worth it? IMG_2741

Is Fitting huge speakers in hatchbacks worth it? IMG_2742

This car produces around 150 dB and is till date India's loudest car.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 13th March 2009, 12:01 pm

Hey manan, great pics and great car! Is this that JBL tuned swift from Sam Kapasi?
    manan
    manan

Post  manan 13th March 2009, 12:07 pm

Vibhor wrote:Hey manan, great pics and great car! Is this that JBL tuned swift from Sam Kapasi?

No No, The JBL Swifts, Called Evin Twins have different setups, They have 4 JBL GT-5 Subwoofers along with Gt-5 Components upfront. They are Orange and Black in color. Install done here in Delhi itself at Autopsyche. Bodykits and everything done in Delhi

Is Fitting huge speakers in hatchbacks worth it? AVkOVpi-6e0ad88b6f539cb84486f650061

Is Fitting huge speakers in hatchbacks worth it? AVkPtki-6e0ad88b6f539cb84486f650061
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 13th March 2009, 12:12 pm

manan wrote:
    Vibhor wrote:Hey manan, great pics and great car! Is this that JBL tuned swift from Sam Kapasi?

No No, The JBL Swifts, Called Evin Twins have different setups, They have 4 JBL GT-5 Subwoofers along with Gt-5 Components upfront. They are Orange and Black in color. Install done here in Delhi itself at Autopsyche. Bodykits and everything done in Delhi

Oh, Ok i got it now, Thanks and this one is amazing, Check out its video -

[

Last edited by Vibhor on 13th March 2009, 1:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 13th March 2009, 12:36 pm

@manan, you friend's ICE setup is very nice. The sound should be rocking, i guess, in a manner making all the occupants' hearts pounding :jump: .

How much does this setup cost?

Can you please mention the spec, if you wish?

And why there are two HUs?
    manan
    manan

Post  manan 13th March 2009, 12:41 pm

Crazy cat wrote:@manan, you friend's ICE setup is very nice. The sound should be rocking, i guess, in a manner making all the occupants' hearts pounding :jump: .

How much does this setup cost?

Can you please mention the spec, if you wish?

And why there are two HUs?

The Whole setup should be in the range of 5 lakhs i believe. One is a HU other is the alpine Processor. He has Horns upfront with Components. Has two 15" Woofers along with a 2400W Monoblock. A Steg 2 channel to power the front stage
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 13th March 2009, 12:59 pm

wow, thats what you call sound, whooping louder than those monster trucks horning.. :lol!: , but its personal choice what to spend and where to spend, i feel unless and untill its not disturbing nothings wrong.CHEERS!!
    Manan can you post that getz pics if possible with details added in it.
    zinam
    zinam

Post  zinam 14th March 2009, 8:54 am

Its all good to have features :)

I personally don't like investing this much on Music system !!

Anything around 25K - 50 K is OK !! Just my views :)
    manan
    manan

Post  manan 16th March 2009, 7:50 pm

zinam wrote:Its all good to have features :)

I personally don't like investing this much on Music system !!

Anything around 25K - 50 K is OK !! Just my views :)

Hmmm I agree with but what do you think about this setup. Setup done in a Lancer

Is Fitting huge speakers in hatchbacks worth it? Img2717w.th
    Is Fitting huge speakers in hatchbacks worth it? Img2721.th

Is Fitting huge speakers in hatchbacks worth it? Img2717w
    Is Fitting huge speakers in hatchbacks worth it? W800

Is Fitting huge speakers in hatchbacks worth it? Img2721
    Is Fitting huge speakers in hatchbacks worth it? W800
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 16th March 2009, 8:33 pm

Boom! And again how much this setup costs?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 16th May 2024, 7:45 am