The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Royal Enfield - Made Like A Gun !

shynishm
    shynishm

Royal Enfield - Made Like A Gun ! Empty Royal Enfield - Made Like A Gun !

Post  shynishm 6th May 2009, 4:18 pm

Surprised to see that we don't have a thread on our good old Bullet ! Or is that I failed to find out the thread ? Anyways..... I am a hard core fan of Bullet and am looking forward to buy Electra 5S as soon as I am back in India. Any one has got the new Electra 5s ?
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Royal Enfield - Made Like A Gun ! Empty Re: Royal Enfield - Made Like A Gun !

Post  Vibhor 6th May 2009, 4:59 pm

Shynishm, Welcome to TAI forums, have a pleasant stay here, Do introduce yourself in "Introduction" Section of forum if you wish to.
    Good to know that you are planning to buy Enfield its one of my favourite too and yup, there was no thread on it yet. :)

VT
    shynishm
    shynishm

Post  shynishm 6th May 2009, 6:04 pm

Vibhor wrote:Shynishm, Welcome to TAI forums, have a pleasant stay here, Do introduce yourself in "Introduction" Section of forum if you wish to.
    Good to know that you are planning to buy Enfield its one of my favourite too and yup, there was no thread on it yet. :)

VT

Hey thanks Vibhor...have done that :)
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 6th May 2009, 7:18 pm

We had the old STD variant. But i heard that Electra has improved a lot and has disc brake and self starter. I'll surely buy an Bullet in my life, but only when i get above 40yrs or something. Do you own any?
    shynishm
    shynishm

Post  shynishm 6th May 2009, 8:30 pm

Nope! but had used STD Bullet 350 cc for more than 3years. My friend had one, which he inherited from his father! :D and I had a Yamaha RX 100. For some weird reason my friend always preferred my RX 100 and I was using his. The only problem I found in the old versions is the oil leak. But again. it depends up on how well we maintain it. The riding style is entirely different....especially in terms of throttle usage. This really matters in terms of fuel efficiency. May be Bullet is meant for matured biking! Dude..... 40 years will be quiet far for you I guess... LOL :D
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 7th May 2009, 11:25 am

Crazy cat wrote: I'll surely buy an Bullet in my life, but only when i get above 40yrs or something. Do you own any?

buddy would you be driving bullet by that time, dont think so :lol!:
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 7th May 2009, 11:53 am

The age i meant is just for terming matured, etc.. Until i stop cornering at high speeds(which can't be done in RE), cut through in city traffic and sometimes rev hard and overtake(not in a casual manner), i should refrain from Bullet. Bullets should be driven in a unique manner.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 7th May 2009, 12:15 pm

yeah i know, have driven my brothe in laws enfield, man the machine is so huge that once on it feels like riding on some machine and not just a bike, also its a mature ride and not cornering around it, very comfortable for long rides, i drove for 140 kms and never felt tiring on highways but yes a bit pain in city conditions.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 7th May 2009, 12:50 pm

Thats what a bullet is made for, Long journeys, As it can also be seen in Enfield's advert. "Leave Home" :)

VT

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5th July 2024, 6:47 am