The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

SNAP off Security System For Cars

swapszone

SNAP off Security System For Cars Empty SNAP off Security System For Cars

Post  swapszone 21st April 2009, 10:52 am

Snap Off system

What is the Snap-Off System?
    The Snap-off system is a TUV approved race-bred quick release system. Made from aircraft grade cast aluminum, the system was originally developed for an exotic Italian car manufacturer's racing effort. Unlike other race-type quick release systems, the Snap-off system was made to bolt directly onto a standard TUV approved collapsible (TEKNIQ) hub kit. It requires no welding or other irreversible modifications to the car's steering mechanism and accepts any TEKNIQ steering wheel. It became apparent that this system had applications in other than racing, and was quickly adapted for use on the street, as a very effective theft deterrent. A car parked on the street without a steering wheel presents a formidable challenge to a car thief.

Snap-Off STREET
    The Snap-Off STREET is TEKNIQ'S street-legal version of the original race part. The STREET version is built to the same rugged specifications as the RACE but has some very useful and essential design innovations built into the system. It is painted a sedate black to blend seamlessly into modern car interiors.

The first innovation is the automatic failsafe locking feature. The STREET uses an automatic locking system that is engaged as soon as the steering wheel is placed on the hub. There is no need to manually lock the wheel onto the hub, nor is a key required to do this. This is very important if the system is going to be used by family members or your significant other, not all of whom may be conscientious enough to painstakingly lock the device each time they get into the car to drive. There is therefore no likelihood of the steering wheel inadvertently or accidentally releasing from the hub while the car is in motion.

The second innovation has to do with the security of the system. Imagine that the system becomes so common that most cars are equipped with it. Car thieves could buy the system just as easily as you or I and could theoretically use their own steering wheels to heist cars. To prevent this, TEKNIQ made each STREET unique - the mating pins between the steering and hub are located in a random placement order with virtually millions of different combinations. No two STREET systems are alike and the thief is thwarted if any other STREET system is used in an attempt to steal the car.

SNAP OFF SECURITY SYSTEM BRANDS
    TEKNIQ

SNAP off Security System For Cars Snapoff1

SNAP off Security System For Cars Snapoff2

SNAP off Security System For Cars SOstreet_large
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

SNAP off Security System For Cars Empty Re: SNAP off Security System For Cars

Post  Vibhor 22nd April 2009, 2:45 pm

THREAD MOVED
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 22nd April 2009, 7:51 pm

So we have to carry the steering wheel every time we go out?
    swapszone

Post  swapszone 23rd April 2009, 8:26 am

i think so... LOLZ
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 9th May 2009, 11:40 pm

lol, i've seen people carrying the panel of the HU but now i guess people will carry the steering wheel next, lol
    swapszone

Post  swapszone 10th May 2009, 8:27 am

i think it comes in with a carrying case

my friend in dubai has a similar stuff on his civic and he had told me he has a carrying case
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 10th May 2009, 9:48 am

can you post some pictures of that carry case if available mate.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 10th May 2009, 11:45 am

is it in the size of a laptop?
    swapszone

Post  swapszone 13th May 2009, 9:48 pm

i dont have a pic, nor have i seen it
    had just heard from him
    will try to get a pic from him

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 16th May 2024, 5:24 am