The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Vibhor
im_hummer_freak
Crazy cat
7 posters

Mahindra's new SUV spotted

Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Mahindra's new SUV spotted Empty Mahindra's new SUV spotted

Post  Crazy cat 16th April 2009, 11:07 am

Found these pics on Team-BHP, so thought of sharing it. Mahindra's new SUV was found testing in Tindivanam to Chennai Highway. It is well covered and there is even a discussion going on whether it is a Mahindra SUV or Toyota or Ford, etc..
    Here are the pics
    Mahindra's new SUV spotted Mm010
    Mahindra's new SUV spotted Mm210
    Mahindra's new SUV spotted Mm310
    Mahindra's new SUV spotted Mm410
    link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/53881-new-mahindra-suv-2010-spy-pics-edit-more-pics-pg-7-a.html
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Mahindra's new SUV spotted Empty Re: Mahindra's new SUV spotted

Post  im_hummer_freak 16th April 2009, 1:47 pm

the size looks good. looks like mahindra to me
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 16th April 2009, 4:16 pm

Nice pics Crazy Cat, This does looks like a new SUV from Mahindra as its wearing those fake scorpio's tail lamps, if it was of any other car maker they hadn't not used them.

From the pics, This SUV looks very Huge and it seems like a luxury SUV rather than one made for army, You can notice this from its ORVM's, Also they have indicators integrated in them, good info, will try to get to take more info on it. :suv:
    car-o-static
    car-o-static

Post  car-o-static 18th April 2009, 7:22 pm

Should be a 2010-11 Scorpio, either that or they are making a car to compete with the Xenon XT. Or could be Mahindra's military vehicle who will now be in competition with (TATA) Landrover's
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 18th April 2009, 7:45 pm

As said by vibhor, the ORVM with indicators confirm that this is not an army vehicle. This SUV will be an all-new SUV, in a segment above Scorpio. This is the Mahindra's global SUV.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 19th April 2009, 10:34 am

car-o-static wrote:They are making a car to compete with the Xenon XT. Or could be Mahindra's military vehicle who will now be in competition with (TATA) Landrover's
    Nope, I don't think so that its going to be a pick up!

Crazy cat wrote:This SUV will be an all-new SUV, in a segment above Scorpio. This is the Mahindra's global SUV.
    Yes CC, I've also heard that its going to e in the Honda CR-V segment!I'm eagerly waiting to see this car! 👍
    abhi_qpotsiavs
    abhi_qpotsiavs

Post  abhi_qpotsiavs 19th April 2009, 12:18 pm

Interesting one.. Now a days I trust Mahindras more than Tatas for UVs.. Looking at Scorpio and Xylo, no doubt this one too will rock..!
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 19th April 2009, 2:20 pm

isnt this new vehicle for army, have read this somewhere that mahindra is making new vehicle for indian army, so this might be one.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 19th April 2009, 2:33 pm

thackervijay wrote:isnt this new vehicle for army, have read this somewhere that mahindra is making new vehicle for indian army, so this might be one.
    No this is not an army vehicle as we have already discussed and i think that army vehicle you are talking about is Mahindra AXE.
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 19th April 2009, 5:41 pm

a source from mahindra told me that they are building a new SUV in the price range of around 15 lakhs! he is not sure whether its for the domestic market or export or for both. i have seen the interiors of this car, its very swoopy & stylish, unlike scorpio & xylo. it has integrated AC vents in the B pillar for the rear passengers, like E-class!
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 20th April 2009, 10:34 am

oh thats some news Raj, wow its good to see mahindra getting down with serious quality and am sure will hit our market as well if given those quality with features of international standards.Any interiors pics guys???
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 20th April 2009, 11:31 am

Mahindra's new SUV spotted 23022010
    Mahindra's new SUV spotted 23022011
    Mahindra's new SUV spotted Dsc01610
    Mahindra's new SUV spotted Dsc01611
    Mahindra's new SUV spotted Dsc01612

1) Had scorpio steering wheel, tail lamps , appart from that the center console was totally new !

2) Had rear AC vents on the B-pillar ! Something like the merc-E class ..

3) Had auto climate control !

4) Quality of plastics was bad , but this is pre-production unit , So cannot comment ..

5) Had center arm-rest, No 3rd row setes , Car was really wide and looked spacious .

The car hit a TVS-50 at high speed from the back , pillion rider injured very badly, the driver was pulled out and beaten up before police arrived !
    this was shared by bhp member from chennai who saw this accident of new uv from mahindra.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 20th April 2009, 11:46 am

For a vehicle of this size, no third row seats?

As long as the people hitting the driver of an accident, hit and run cases would be more.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 20th April 2009, 2:28 pm

@Raj ; Good info buddy, Let's wait for its launch and see whether its really worth for Rs.15lacs or not.

@thackervijay ; Thanks for posting its pics here buddy, No doubt that the dash looks very new and i think it will haveheavy cladding too if we look at 2nd last pic, I still don't believe that this car did't has 3rd row seats, maybe would have been folded up when that guy spotted this UV because if we look at other UVs from M&M, They all have 3rd row seats, and for such Big SUV why will they miss it?
    About the accident, its sad to know and the first pic looks like of it only.

EDIT:
    By the way, In the last pic where theres no front bumper of this SUV, whats the tank(looks like coolant tank) doing below?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 16th June 2024, 8:28 pm