The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

X5, X3....and now time for X1!!

Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Wink X5, X3....and now time for X1!!

Post  Road Rocket 10th July 2009, 6:09 pm

BMW had unveiled its X1 concept car at the Paris Motor Show last fall. The Sports Activity Vehicle (SAV) which BMW is promoting to create a new class of its kind (instead of the popularly known Sports Utility Vehicle) will see it on the Indian road by 2010. The key differentiator in this launch is that the BMW X1 is being offered as a new offering in the compact premium Sport Activity Vehicle. Not only will it be the first of a kind in it’s segment, it appears to be readying for reaching out to the younger crowd.
    BMW X1 takes its key styling cues and practicality from the X5 but shrinks it into a more compact and affordable package. The vehicle’s elegant lines and command driving position echo its larger stablemate, while the five-seat configuration and 1,350-litre boot space provides outstanding load-lugging capability. BMW is expected to position the X1 under the X3 and its main competitors will be Volkswagen Tiguan and Toyota RAV-4. It is expected to be in the price range starting anything between Rs. 30-45 lakhs.

X5, X3....and now time for X1!! Bmw_x110

Source:Motorbeam
    car-o-static
    car-o-static

Wink Re: X5, X3....and now time for X1!!

Post  car-o-static 10th July 2009, 10:20 pm

I reckon they will fit a 2.4L engine in this one, also I think they might make it on a all new chasis, with manually adjustable suspension
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 11th July 2009, 9:24 am

Looks much better than X3. On which platform this SAV is based?
    archit
    archit

Post  archit 11th July 2009, 9:28 am

looks good
    but the pricing is bad
    it very close to X3 territory
    and so i dont think it will do well!
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 11th July 2009, 9:12 pm

The car looks good to me, but the price should be cut down. It will also loose out on many features that its elder siblings have. The diesel will be the one to watch out for.
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 13th July 2009, 2:42 pm

I don't think it would cost around 45lacs, Most likely it will compete with the CR-V but still if costs around 40-45lacs, I would pick the X1 only, Its very much fresh than its bigger sibling X3.

RoadRocket

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 6th October 2024, 6:52 am