The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
im_hummer_freak
thackervijay
dcargod
Crazy cat
8 posters

Car AC alert

Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Cool Car AC alert

Post  Crazy cat 30th May 2009, 4:16 pm

I got this article from my cousin through mail. I was quite shocked on reading it. I'm not quite sure what these pics say. So i'm presenting in the same manner i received the mail.

Do not turn on A/C immediately as soon as you enter the car!
    Car AC alert Image010
    Please open the windows after you enter your car and do not turn ON the
    air-conditioning immediately. According to a research done, the car dashboard,
    sofa, air freshener emits Benzene, a Cancer causing toxin (carcinogen- take note
    of the heated plastic smell in your car). In addition to causing cancer, it poisons
    your bones, causes anemia, and reduces white blood cells. Prolonged exposure
    will cause Leukemia, increasing the risk of cancer may also cause miscarriage.

Car AC alert Image011
    Acceptable Benzene level indoors is 50 mg per sq. ft. A car parked indoors with
    the windows closed will contain 400-800 mg of Benzene. If parked outdoors
    under the sun at a temperature above 60 degrees F, the Benzene level goes up
    to 2000-4000 mg, 40 times the acceptable level... & the people inside the car will
    inevitably inhale an excess amount of the toxins.

Car AC alert Image012
    It is recommended that you open the windows and door to give time for
    the interior to air out before you enter. Benzene is a toxin that affects your kidney and liver, and is very difficult for your body to expel this toxic stuff.

Last edited by Crazy cat on 30th May 2009, 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    dcargod
    dcargod

Cool Re: Car AC alert

Post  dcargod 30th May 2009, 4:21 pm

Hey thats very good and serious info CC. this will defintely serve as an eye-opener to all those who switch ON the AC as soon as they enter the car. Friends take heed and please keep yourself safe. This is a fact which can take away your life.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 30th May 2009, 4:25 pm

hmm i do that practise everytime but never knew this details of it being harmful, i ususlly open window for few mins let the air inside out and ventilate and then only roll up and start A/c, but this is useful too.Thanks for sharing mate.Eye opner
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 30th May 2009, 4:33 pm

Yeah it was an eye opener to me too. Thanks to my cousin for sharing this. Though i roll down windows during hot climate for a seconds to let heat out of the boiling vehicle, i seldom did on the other times(when the cabin not so hot)
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 30th May 2009, 4:59 pm

thanks for the important info cc.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 31st May 2009, 10:55 am

im_hummer_freak wrote:thanks for the important info cc.
    Welcome buddy :)
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 1st June 2009, 2:34 pm

Crazy cat wrote:Yeah it was an eye opener to me too. Thanks to my cousin for sharing this. Though i roll down windows during hot climate for a seconds to let heat out of the boiling vehicle, i seldom did on the other times(when the cabin not so hot)

no i do this round the year no matter what the weather is, yes if its parked outside and raining i wont :lol!: , but its useful to let the air inside to pass out and circulate before keeping you A/c on, i have seen many people dont even put off their a.c switch, start inginition and also a.c starts, is this a good practise?
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 1st June 2009, 2:46 pm

Definitely not a good practice. The load on battery will be more. I know a person who neither switches off the AC nor turn off the head lights(In Indica light automatically turns-off after key is removed).
    fihast
    fihast

Post  fihast 1st June 2009, 6:34 pm

Crazy cat wrote:Definitely not a good practice. The load on battery will be more. I know a person who neither switches off the AC nor turn off the head lights(In Indica light automatically turns-off after key is removed).

may be he hates his car
    BTW, thanks for the info, didn't know it emits benzene.
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 1st June 2009, 7:21 pm

i have heard this is more in the case of cars with leather seats. true?
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 1st June 2009, 10:08 pm

No idea raj. I got this through mail.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 1st June 2009, 11:18 pm

:affraid: i never knew that switching on ac as soon as we get into the car might cause this adverse effect, i usually follow this during summer but not much in winter, to be precise, not when the air inside is cold, but if there is no pollution outside ill never switch on my ac, i prefer feeling the natural air
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 5th June 2009, 1:24 pm

Great Info CC.
    Thanks for forwarding mail to me and posting it here for others.
    Even few blogs also have put up this info.

VT

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content