The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
hasift
Road Rocket
napster
Vlad
raj_5004
Crazy cat
Vibhor
thackervijay
abhinavgupta
fihast
14 posters

Mahindra Xylo

fihast
    fihast

Mahindra Xylo Empty Mahindra Xylo

Post  fihast 28th April 2009, 8:23 pm

hi friends starting a new topic as some of you uggested...I'll add as many pictures as possible of my xylo.

Mahindra Xylo 20042012

two colours i feel best is red and black...mint green ...not bad.
    but the dual colours doen't look aesthetic as the bumper colours only chande which give a base model look to it.

Mahindra Xylo 05032010

when u drive it may feel you are the pilot...can view almost all the status of your vehicle from there. and can make most of the control(side mirrors ) sitting there.

Mahindra Xylo 24042010

Mahindra Xylo 24042011

can view as daylight.....Don't know whether the cops will love it too.

Mahindra Xylo 24042012

cd,usb,memory card & FM

Mahindra Xylo 24042013

MOD'S NOTE : All Pics and posts combined.
    Kindly post in a single post when posting within 15 mins.

abhinavgupta
    abhinavgupta

Mahindra Xylo Empty Re: Mahindra Xylo

Post  abhinavgupta 28th April 2009, 11:34 pm

Congrats on the new purchase.
    It looks great.
    Do give us review on dealership/driving etc.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 28th April 2009, 11:55 pm

fihast bhai andar ki baat kaha hai :), post some interiors as well as your experience with dealer.Many members are waiting to hear the most of xyo's drive,experience from under hood all you can.
    Thanks for the shared pics.keep them coming.Cool colour.

Mods kindly switch this thread to review section.
    abhinavgupta
    abhinavgupta

Post  abhinavgupta 29th April 2009, 11:11 am

Topic Moved
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 29th April 2009, 12:11 pm

Great pics of your Xylo fihast!
    Why don't you post a a short ownership review as well? I'm sure it would help many of us. :)

VT
    fihast
    fihast

Mahindra Xylo Empty dealership

Post  fihast 30th April 2009, 8:47 pm

I've booked it one month back in cochin TVS& sons, when they told me it'll take about 9 weeks for black and red colours. I kept on calling and visiting their showroom as my friends and family needed to see the vehicle and at last luckily there was a cancellation, which they diverted to me. They told pay the full amount soon ,did it and within a week got it. Their dealings were good. But not a single extra item was given like floor mat, mud guard flaps,Teflon coating or under floor rust free coating. They said the vehicle is too much in demand and could not give any offer.
    It costed Rs.786915/-
    Insurance Rs.23000/-
    Life tax Rs.47000/-
    Nett amount comes to round 8,57,000/-
    And now the amount has increased to Rs.8,71,000/-
    And about the driving . I love driving it. A major fault i noticed about it is that there is too much bouncing. Don't know may be if i drive it with full load this may get rectified.Yet to be true, i love that exaggerated shock abs action. I couldn't drive it above 110 kmph speed since the manual says only 2000 rpm till first service .Don't want risk my vehicle.Yet i took it to about 100 within the limits and found the vehicle to be very stable and in control. The vehicle has good pick up. There is ample space inside to keep your mobile, keys, coins,bottles. The air condition gives good cooling. Music system is of good quality. Just want to find space for an extra bass tube for the extra rockzz. The cabin is very silent. I won't say the engine is so silent. But the sound doesn't reach cabin if you travel with the windows up. can only hear a small humming as if it is a electric motor. And a difficulty which my friends and family finds is to get in and out. need to climb in to get to that height, which i find interesting. may be that's why they have provide good strong handle in the interiors, to hold on and pull up yourselves.
    fihast
    fihast

Post  fihast 30th April 2009, 9:27 pm

power window controls for the pilot.
    Mahindra Xylo 24042015
    Mahindra Xylo 24042016
    Mahindra Xylo 24042017
    notice the foot rest .
    fihast
    fihast

Mahindra Xylo Empty more images

Post  fihast 30th April 2009, 10:22 pm

The control column
    Mahindra Xylo 24042018
    door and reading lights
    Mahindra Xylo 24042019
    sun glass holder
    Mahindra Xylo 24042020
    abhinavgupta
    abhinavgupta

Post  abhinavgupta 30th April 2009, 10:29 pm

A Foot rest is always helpful
    Nice foot mats.
    Have sit in a car with one of them.
    They are very comfortable. A sunglass holder too. Really nice touch. Very few cars offer this.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 30th April 2009, 11:37 pm

Nice pics fihast. How much mileage you are getting? and how many Kms you have clocked?
    fihast
    fihast

Mahindra Xylo Empty mileage

Post  fihast 1st May 2009, 6:54 am

I get an average mileage of 13 kmpl with AC. At times i can see the the DDAS showing 16-17 kmpl on highways between 60-70 kmph speeds. Impressive figures right?. I checked it with filling the tank to full and checked. It traveeled about 530 km with 42 litres of diesel. That means 12.6 kmpl.
    I've travelled about 1250 kms with my xylo now.
    Mahindra Xylo 24042021
    The DDAS showing 11 kmpl
    Mahindra Xylo 24042022
    The DDAS shows inside temp,outside temp,Humidity,Direction,Date&time.
    Also notice the dark backround of the display, which happens when you swithc on your headligts. Inorder to give less hinderance to the eyes whilr driving at night.
    Mahindra Xylo 24042023
    it tuns brighter on day time(head lsmpd off)
    Mahindra Xylo 25042010
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 1st May 2009, 9:01 am

nice review buddy. the DDAS is very cool. wish i had it in my scorpio. i did not expect mahindra to go into such details with the DDAS, especially it dimming at night! very thoughtful & important feature. i had this in my opel astra!
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 1st May 2009, 9:37 am

thats a good review fihast, thanks for sharing it here, nice FE figures too, may be after your first service it would improve more.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 1st May 2009, 9:46 am

Mileage is impressive.

DDAS is real cool feature. Even in Logan we get dimming feature for the DIS.

What is the service interval of Xylo?
    fihast
    fihast

Mahindra Xylo Empty services

Post  fihast 1st May 2009, 2:28 pm

1st free-5000kms/4 months
    2nd free-10000kms/8 months
    3rd free-15000kms/12months
    paid services-20000kms and every 5000kms
    Does scorpio and innova too have services at 5000kms intervals?
    Mahindra Xylo 23042010
    Vlad
    Vlad

Post  Vlad 1st May 2009, 3:58 pm

The innova has service intervals of 10000 kms.

@Fihast, congratulations to you, I too purchased the xylo... What has been you experience with the xylo so far??? As far as i'm concerned have already got myself accustomed to the high seating position & king of the road feeling. :drive2: have found the following irritants :frustration: - plastic claddings egdes sharp & poor fit/finish, especially that of rear doors near glass area. inner door handles feel too brittle & cheap, hand brake lever slot rubber gasket on right side already cut off due to constant contact with inner metal bracket. wing mirrors external housings are scratch magnets~! power steering pump belt squealing when steering wheel turned at limit. The engine has a peculiar weezing sound at start ups, possibly due to the intercooler.
    lets see how the vehicle holds up over a period of sustained usage. Was spoilt rotten by the bullet proof reliability of the innova, inspite of manhandling her at times & overshooting service schedules, just to see how much more she could take!!! clap
    fihast
    fihast

Post  fihast 1st May 2009, 4:47 pm

@vlad, Congratulations to you too :cheers: .
    Yes in my xylo too i've noticed that the plastic claddings of the rear glass fits poorly. may be the fault with the mould they use to make these plastics.
    Scratches on the wing mirrors, My heart breaks when i see this scratches which is also on the body too, due to to much of weeds and wild grasses on the way i go daily. It really get highligted in the black colour. But when i wash the car i get somewhat happy because most of them vanishes. I hear a sound like some metal rods are hitting and has broken down in the engine in the morning start.
    Vlad
    Vlad

Post  Vlad 1st May 2009, 9:48 pm

Another thing that is quite irritating is the quality of the gear shifts.... especially when down shifting from 3rd to 2nd, one really feels the vibration of gears clashing right in ones hand.... quite a lot of clutch juddering too. Engaging Reverse gear in 1 shot is quite impossible, have to double clutch & hope that you don't hear the gears shreek! :war:
    fihast
    fihast

Mahindra Xylo Empty gears

Post  fihast 2nd May 2009, 6:42 am

I had the same probe with gear too. But to a small extent as i expected it's getting corrected. May be as the parts are new they are a bit tight,as we use it on and on they'll be more free i hope. But the vibration can really be felt if the acceleration given is less.
    Vlad
    Vlad

Post  Vlad 2nd May 2009, 11:45 pm

I feel the gearbox has always been Mahindra's weakest link.... have had these issues with all Mahindra Vehicles that i've owned..... It wasn't so bothersome to me earlier, but after experiencing the Innova's smooth as silk gear shifts, this is becoming irritating! Hope it disappears as the vehicle is driven more. Also seeing the gear lever dance neurotically is another disconcerting feeling.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 3rd May 2009, 10:26 am

fihast wrote:1st free-5000kms/4 months
    2nd free-10000kms/8 months
    3rd free-15000kms/12months
    paid services-20000kms and every 5000kms
    Does scorpio and innova too have services at 5000kms intervals?
    Innova has 10k kms service intervals. Not only Innova, almost all CRDi engines have 10k kms service interval, except some Tata and Mahindra cars. I expected Mahindra to give 10k service interval.

Vlad wrote:I feel the gearbox has always been Mahindra's weakest link.... have had these issues with all Mahindra Vehicles that i've owned..... It wasn't so bothersome to me earlier, but after experiencing the Innova's smooth as silk gear shifts, this is becoming irritating! Hope it disappears as the vehicle is driven more. Also seeing the gear lever dance neurotically is another disconcerting feeling.
    You will get used to it soon.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 3rd May 2009, 10:30 am

But its not for getting used too, i guess what mahindra needs to work on is its gearbox, once thats sorted out and buyers would love this machine which doesnt make you feel luxury with that hard,vibrating gear box,other then that it rocks with both their Uv's
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 3rd May 2009, 9:08 pm

@ crazy cat: toyota officially announces that the innova has a service interval of 10,000 kms but my innova goes to the A.S.S every 5000 kms. the service advisors recommend that. they do a routine check up & everytime an amount of 3000-5000 is been paid from my side. engine oil, air/oil filter, etc. is changed every 10,000 kms though.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 4th May 2009, 2:44 am

3k-5k for routine check-up other than service?

How much every service usually costs?
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 4th May 2009, 9:52 am

raj_5004 wrote:@ crazy cat: toyota officially announces that the innova has a service interval of 10,000 kms but my innova goes to the A.S.S every 5000 kms. the service advisors recommend that. they do a routine check up & everytime an amount of 3000-5000 is been paid from my side. engine oil, air/oil filter, etc. is changed every 10,000 kms though.

:affraid: whoa man thats expensive for a routine checkup other than its regular services, whats your 10k service bill then??

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19th May 2024, 5:45 pm