The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Vibhor
Crazy cat
im_hummer_freak
UTSAV
8 posters

Car Number Plates

UTSAV

Smile Car Number Plates

Post  UTSAV 22nd April 2009, 1:34 pm

It is to inform that as per Central Motor Vehicle rules the new kind of number plates are to be used on all vehicles, these plates should be Embossed, Reflective and with Chakra hologram and few other features, these plates are to be certified by Govt authorised testing agency ARAI, Pune or CRRI , New Delhi.
    So it is suggested that all the vehicle owners should use the plates as per revised CMVR only
    if any more information is required please ask me
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Smile Re: Car Number Plates

Post  im_hummer_freak 22nd April 2009, 2:24 pm

yes even i heard of such rules being implemented. since when are these laws coming into force utsav??
    UTSAV

Post  UTSAV 22nd April 2009, 2:36 pm

im_hummer_freak

as per CMVR it is already in force but states are yet to enforce it it is like Helmets some states have made it mandatory some are relaxed. so it will be a good idea to install such plates soon
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 22nd April 2009, 2:37 pm

ok. thanks utsav. as even i had heard that it has already been implemented but had a doubt as i havnt yet seen any car with such plates.
    UTSAV

Post  UTSAV 22nd April 2009, 2:39 pm

I have seen many cars with this plates in latest issue of AUTOCAR april 09, John Abrahm GYPSY has this plate.
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 22nd April 2009, 2:41 pm

oh yes. in pics i have seen. but on road yet to see them. i think max i might have seen one or two on road.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 22nd April 2009, 8:06 pm

What's so special about these plates and why do they want to change it? Any idea about cost?

Can someone post pics of it?
    UTSAV

Post  UTSAV 23rd April 2009, 10:02 am

it is said that such plates are TAMPER PROOF so it will act as ANTI THEFT device, as these plates can not be removed once fixed on vehicle with NON REMOVABLE SCREW
    per my info the set of plate cost Rs 1000/- approx. a photo is enclosedCar Number Plates Dsc00712
    UTSAV

Post  UTSAV 23rd April 2009, 10:10 am

these are made with special alloy aluminium so these can not be broken, these are made exactly as the plates in EUROPE
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 23rd April 2009, 11:56 am

Aren't these the plates called IND number plate? Or is this one different?
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 23rd April 2009, 12:07 pm

Crazy cat wrote:Aren't these the plates called IND number plate? Or is this one different?
    IND Number plates? Are you saying because its written on No. plate? I think it stands for INDIA. :)
    antriksh_t
    antriksh_t

Post  antriksh_t 23rd April 2009, 12:11 pm

Well if that is true then it would really be useful(day dreaming)... ok back to reality, its india we r talking about right? so people WILL find a way around..
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 23rd April 2009, 12:15 pm

Here we have a similar looking number plate. They call it "IND" number plate. It costs Rs. 400(Rs. 50 more over normal aluminium plates) for car. But i don't remember seeing any hologram in it. I was just wondering whether they are same or different. These "IND" are standard in all modded cars here(be it a small mod or a big mod)
    UTSAV

Post  UTSAV 23rd April 2009, 4:05 pm

yes IND stands for INDIA just like in EUROPE you have initials of each country on plates for easy identification. all said don't you think these plates are good looking and impressive ?
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 23rd April 2009, 4:38 pm

Here is a picture i found about the new HSRP plates

Car Number Plates 60650
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 24th April 2009, 11:19 am

this norm is applicable since some time now but no one cares for this, as these numberplates with hologramme in it would cost around 1000/- and regulr ones costs around 200-300/-, also traffic police doesnt care for numberplates but just check that they should be readable from a distance.For hologram NP, the dealer working on numberplates needs to register himself with RTO to provide such kind of plates, which is rarely seen in cities across nation.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 24th April 2009, 1:05 pm

The one i was referring as IND number plate is the same found on this thread. But they call as IND plates.
    Check the last pic and the following words in the given link

http://crazykid-crazykid.blogspot.com/2008/10/skoda-octavia-modifications.html
    hello

Post  hello 24th April 2009, 1:36 pm

I hv seen quite a few such plates in DELHI on many vehicles , most of the PORSCHE cars has these plates. I suggest all to visit website www.utsav.co.in to know all about these plates and govt rules, enjoy
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 7th May 2009, 9:36 pm

the cops itself are not interested in implimenting these numberplates, now which number plates maker is going to register with the rto and start making thses plates with all those typical type of specifications?? these cost 1000 and the normal ones cost 200, so people obviousle go for the older pattern plates.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19th May 2024, 2:22 pm