The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Why hyundai doesn't discont. its santro&Getz?

Vibhor
    Vibhor

Why hyundai doesn't discont. its santro&Getz? Empty Why hyundai doesn't discont. its santro&Getz?

Post  Vibhor 27th January 2009, 4:28 pm

Hi Friends!
    I was thinking that after Hyundai has launched new versions of its old cars cars that is the i10 and recently launched i20 of Santro and Getz respectively, Then why don't they discontinue them now? Its obvious that these cars(santro and Getz) will not be able to sell in good numbers anymore as they sold before the launches of new models.We can take the current example, As we can see that i10 is selling more than santro and most of the people prefer it over santro anyday, So what if its priced few bucks high?After all its updated and loaded with new features and surely same is going to happen with i20 also.
    IMO, The car makers should discontinue the old versions and bring new ones as a replacement, and its not only Hyundai but other carmakers too. :)

Vibhor
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Why hyundai doesn't discont. its santro&Getz? Empty Re: Why hyundai doesn't discont. its santro&Getz?

Post  thackervijay 27th January 2009, 4:35 pm

but things doesnt happen that fast vibs, what u mentioned is true, but hyundai still sell santro's and getz, though the later on not lager scale, same with maruti, replaced alto with a-star but is still contunuing. So now companies follow the rule of lower priced vehicle gets a cosmetic change and gets good higher price tag with same engine, comparing with alto,zen and wagon r all having same engine with different body kits.Companies earning more with this kinda changes.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Why hyundai doesn't discont. its santro&Getz? Empty Re: Why hyundai doesn't discont. its santro&Getz?

Post  Vibhor 27th January 2009, 4:45 pm

thackervijay wrote:but things doesnt happen that fast vibs, what u mentioned is true, but hyundai still sell santro's and getz, though the later on not lager scale, same with maruti, replaced alto with a-star but is still contunuing. So now companies follow the rule of lower priced vehicle gets a cosmetic change and gets good higher price tag with same engine, comparing with alto,zen and wagon r all having same engine with different body kits.Companies earning more with this kinda changes.
    Thats right vijay, but as i said that i10 and i20 are recently launched examples, So maybe people are still buying them because they haven't got much outdated(esp. getz) and are available at lower price.
    But its not with every maker, Actually we can't compare the Alto with A-star, Alto should be the refreshed Maruti 800 and that is whatit is in spain! :)
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 27th January 2009, 4:50 pm

yes agree, and not comparing them, but it is true with just new body wrapth around makes a higher price tag for the company, but eventually if the older version still in demand, company doesnt feel discontinuing it, ie..santro which was expected to roll out after i10 and that to be success and topping charts now, but it still sells and is in demand.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 27th January 2009, 7:02 pm

Accent should also be included in this list. The reason what I feel about this is their cost benefit. Like Santro and i10 has different price range and different competitors. The same goes for Verna and Accent. They do not have any physical resemblance. Their aim is to attract more buyers of different price range.
    I feel that this is a good thing, at least for existing owners.
    anjan
    anjan

Post  anjan 27th January 2009, 8:33 pm

The saying "make hay while the sun shines" applies to HMIL.They cannot sell the outdated versions in western markets as these don't conform to the emission and safety norms in vogue there. So till they sell and till the people buy them they can be available but at huge discounts.The Accent also goes on and on as the lowest priced "C" segment car.The new redone Ikon has become its competitor.
    And its no surprise that in India, the Santro has sold 9510 cars in Dec 2008 taking the second slot after the Maruti Alto (Alto 14798 units). The i 10 has sold 4810units and occupies the 8th place in the Top Ten list.
    The pricing matters and not the technical specifications.The Santro versus i10 sales figures amply prove this contention.
    zinam
    zinam

Post  zinam 27th January 2009, 9:50 pm

Yes Anjan, I thought of posting the figures & you made it.

Buddy, Santro will ever be a shining car & it cannot be replaced by i10 even it is priced the same.

But what you said will happen in case of Getz, it will surely be replaced by i20 very soon. :)
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 29th January 2009, 12:10 pm

May be when 2010 around newer norms applicable, we might see a different scenario of these cars.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19th May 2024, 9:45 am