The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
fitsandy
dcargod
car-o-static
sudeepd
Road Rocket
raggie
vaibhavraj
bluesapphire
archit
zinam
Crazy cat
raj_5004
im_hummer_freak
thackervijay
Vibhor
19 posters

Mahindra to launch its refreshed Scorpio;Launched.

Vibhor
    Vibhor

Mahindra to launch its refreshed Scorpio;Launched. Empty Mahindra to launch its refreshed Scorpio;Launched.

Post  Vibhor 27th January 2009, 4:05 pm

Hi Guys! :)
    Mahindra is all set to launch a face-lifted version of the Scorpio in the near future. As can be seen in these scoop pictures sent by a Autocar India reader, the changes to the new Scorpio are largely cosmetic. The new grille sports a central 'silver tooth' a new design element that's present on the Xylo and Bolero as well.

The headlights are all new and the 'projector' lenses look terrific. The bumper too is all new and incorporates larger fog lights. The rear lights as well have been redesigned and we hear that there are changes to the interiors as well.:D

The new Scorpio will only be available with the mHawk engine and the 2.6 CRDe motor will be discontinued.

Mahindra to launch its refreshed Scorpio;Launched. Scorpio09
    http://www.autocarindia.com/new/Information.asp?id=2387

Last edited by Vibhor on 9th March 2009, 11:55 am; edited 4 times in total
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Mahindra to launch its refreshed Scorpio;Launched. Empty Re: Mahindra to launch its refreshed Scorpio;Launched.

Post  thackervijay 27th January 2009, 4:38 pm

i was just talking about the same thing with other member here, and you posted this vibhor, though this is a move expected from mahindra after innova's facelift, but the one already existing is more stylish and contemnary to this as it gets more like a muv rather then suv styling, somewhat like xylo grille presence.
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Mahindra to launch its refreshed Scorpio;Launched. Empty Re: Mahindra to launch its refreshed Scorpio;Launched.

Post  im_hummer_freak 27th January 2009, 6:20 pm

yes i agree with vijay. but we should wait for its launch to see how the final product comes like. as there differences in the early pics of facelift innova and the pics posted by vibhor. so scorpio might turn out to better then this pic.
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 27th January 2009, 6:50 pm

the ORVM has been changed too.

looking at the pic, i feel thank god i was lucky to buy the older scorpio mHawk! the new one does not look too impressive to me.

i am anxious to see the changes in the interiors though.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 27th January 2009, 7:05 pm

M&M has refreshed the looks of the already good looking Scorpio. Though this is a good news, it is bad for existing owners, esp. 2.6. How many face lifts and make overs for this Scorpio. Three engine swaps and three mechanical modifications(Suspension, brakes, etc..). The problem with Indian companies is they do R&D at the cost of the customers. Hope this changes with Xylo and other new M&M products to come.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 27th January 2009, 7:16 pm

raj, yup buddy, you sure are a lucky guy as this is not sure how people react to it but me is surely not that impressed, earlier was good muscular class suv.
    zinam
    zinam

Post  zinam 27th January 2009, 9:45 pm

Scorpio is really the best selling Car in the segment & it will surely prove to be a segment winner with this design :)

But very minimal Cosmetic changes is what turns me down!
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 29th January 2009, 11:49 am

even alloys are looking smaller and not that muscular as on its older model.Hope they change its interiors too, which needs changes.
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 29th January 2009, 2:13 pm

@ vijay: alloys are the same, the central protruding cup does not exist anymore as they were prone to breaking.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 29th January 2009, 2:55 pm

oh ok, thanks raj, but overall looks gives that impression with its alloys.
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 7th February 2009, 9:57 am

some more pics of the new scorpio.
    source: Team-Bhp
    Mahindra to launch its refreshed Scorpio;Launched. Scorpi10
    Mahindra to launch its refreshed Scorpio;Launched. Scorpi11
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 7th February 2009, 10:28 am

WoW!Cool!Great work raj!Thanks! :)
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 7th February 2009, 2:16 pm

What is the visual change in this? I couldn't find any. But I could notice something new(written) in the bottom of rear door.
    archit
    archit

Post  archit 7th February 2009, 2:44 pm

same here CC
    i see no changes to the back!!
    zinam
    zinam

Post  zinam 7th February 2009, 4:27 pm

Hey guys, I dont think this is new Scorpio, Absolutely no changes.

I hope the car is being towed by Police vehicle due to some reasons.

See the Orange Siren, Which is especially used in Highway Service or Highway patrols
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 7th February 2009, 4:36 pm

Yes Zinam!Maybe. But what is that Landcruiser V8 doing there with Dubai registartion plate? :suspect:
    archit
    archit

Post  archit 7th February 2009, 5:48 pm

maybe this scorpio was caught in dubai!!
    maybe speeding pass the land cruiser!!
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 7th February 2009, 6:01 pm

@ crazy cat & archit: the only changes are the front & rear bumper, headlights, grille & side cladding. its 'SCORPIO' written on the bottom of the rear door.

Last edited by raj_5004 on 7th February 2009, 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 7th February 2009, 6:03 pm

@ zinam, vibor & archit: this vehicle was not caught by the dubai police!!! it was shipped there by mahindra & later driven in these trucks fully covered for its new TV AD shoot. the person who informed this & clicked the photos is a part of the AD crew.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 7th February 2009, 8:14 pm

Thanks for the update raj :) .
    zinam
    zinam

Post  zinam 7th February 2009, 8:35 pm

Ok Sounds great, Thanks for the update Raj!
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 8th February 2009, 11:29 am

also the one major change seen is its alloys which looks cool, better then the wheelcaps mahindra offered previously.
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 8th February 2009, 12:06 pm

thackervijay wrote:also the one major change seen is its alloys which looks cool, better then the wheelcaps mahindra offered previously.

alloys were standard even on the previous mHawk, look at the pic of my scorpio.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 8th February 2009, 12:33 pm

oh ok my mistake thanks raj, well the front looks awsome buddy, wow nothing to beat this beast in looks for me sure, i loved this one before and now more then that.Nice pics raj.Fornt grille and bumper adds more muscular looks to this new scorpio.
    archit
    archit

Post  archit 8th February 2009, 12:56 pm

oh my god!!
    this front is so cool!!
    i love scorpio from now on! :P

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19th May 2024, 3:33 pm