The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Esteem A/C Went kaput

Interceptor
    Interceptor

Esteem A/C Went kaput Empty Esteem A/C Went kaput

Post  Interceptor 14th July 2009, 5:04 am

I had the A/C gas recharge done in Oct 2008 and was driving with the A/c on till last week. Noticed that No cooling and low air flow last week, so decided to take it to the A/c mechanic. Took the vehicle to a famous A/C mechanic near T.Nagar and he informed that cooling coil had gone and I had to change the cooling coil with a valve and drier tube. Went to Murugan Auto in T.Nagar to purchase these things and was able to strike a deal at Rs 3300 for Cooling coil, Rs500 for valve and Rs850 for the drier unit (Unfortunately my electrician informed me later that he could have got a better deal from Gurudev L).
    The equipments were fixed, gas was recharged, checked the grill temp (Night) and it came down till 7c … I was happy and I informed him that would check the A/c in hot sun and only then I would leave him, he accepted it.
    Took the car out on Sunday (5th July) and checked the grill temp and it was showing 7.5c .. I was very happy that the guy had done a wonderful job.
    This Saturday I opened the bonnet and saw sometube from the compressor bulging out near the radiator. I was shocked and called my A/c guy and he asked me to get the car to his workshop. Agreed and was racing towards T.Nagar and I heard a big blast and you know what the A/c tube bursted and luckily I did not have my A/c on so no issues. He said that the tube has gone old and I need to change the tube and refill the gas. Agreed and this time he got the tube for me, as it was heavily crowded and I do not want to take my car out there.
    He came with the tube (Discharge return tube)and had it replaced and now I feel my A/c is not cooling upto the mark. I checked with the thermometer and it shows 7.5c but somehow I feel that the cooling was not enough. Is there a way I can check this apart from the thermometer test? Atleast to consol myself... the latter one costed me Rs1600 Frustration

Current date/time is 7th May 2024, 7:43 am