The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

SUV/MUV vehicle, 4x4 or 4x2

thackervijay
    thackervijay

SUV/MUV vehicle, 4x4 or 4x2 Empty SUV/MUV vehicle, 4x4 or 4x2

Post  thackervijay 7th July 2009, 2:33 pm

guys, going through a lot of threads regarding huge vehicles, there are few things i would like to know which would be helpful in my future buy which is not sooner but would be helpful.
    I have read and understood the stance of those uv vehicles like safari and scorpio which are amongst the best sellers in that price, whats the difference in these two vehicles which almost come in same price bracket with SUV stance.
    The reason of safari 2.2 Dicor and scorpio 2.2Mhawk are being shortlisted as they are being seen most on roads with affordable price range as compared to other companies uv vehicles.Spares and ASS is affordable for tata as well as mahindra vehicles as others so which is a better option to look at within this two.Now i also had xylo in mind which now comes with ABS alongwith, would love to see that with Mhawk engine and those features and safety as scorpio which would be worth buying.
    Now coming to drive terain is 4x4 option only suitable or required for off roading or on regular highway drives as well as some of the travelouge i have read had 4x4 options which sometimes on your trips gets boon(mostly on hill tracks).So is it worth spending for 4x4 option for a suv or not.
    Can xylo be as safe and reliable as scorpio or safari on highways and long trips.
    Innova isnt counted cause it doesnt give that uv factor, but is a boon for city drives and comfort for sure.
    I have this love for huge vehicle which i would own for sure, may be some time for that but want to know the best possible details and information i can get.Also the details if given for its maintainence and services, what differs with SUV to our normal small hatchback, i mean does this vehicles require extra attention then others and cost of ownership else then FE which i have already understood cannot be compared with those fuel efficient hatchbacks.
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

SUV/MUV vehicle, 4x4 or 4x2 Empty Re: SUV/MUV vehicle, 4x4 or 4x2

Post  raj_5004 7th July 2009, 8:00 pm

between the scorpio & safari, my pick would be the scorpio (but of course!).

maintainence & running costs of an SUV will be higher, it cannot be compared to a hatchback.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 13th July 2009, 4:21 pm

well raj i do understand the running cost and am not comparing it to hatchbacks but what else would it be higher on maintenance if you can be more presice with.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 13th July 2009, 5:12 pm

Vijay, Why don't you continue the discussion in the thread which you created long time back for your new car query?

http://www.theautomotiveindiaforums.com/buying-a-car-or-bike-f18/my-first-car-t85.htm

VT
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 13th July 2009, 6:50 pm

there is not much difference otherwise. of course, FE would be low. oil changes may be more frequent as compared to hatchbacks.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 13th July 2009, 7:17 pm

well vibs this isnt for new car purchase right now, its for future planning and was looking to understand those vehicles in better way, if you feel please move this to my original post then.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 6th May 2024, 10:55 pm