The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
autodude sparsh
dcargod
Addy
Road Rocket
8 posters

SX4 Diesel coming Next month!

Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Thumbs up SX4 Diesel coming Next month!

Post  Road Rocket 24th June 2009, 11:35 am

Maruti Suzuki might just pull a rabbit out of their hat – we hear that the company might be ready with the diesel variant of its SX4. The SX4 could have a 1.3-litre or 1.6-litre multijet diesel engine in it.
    Considering the kerb weight of the car, the 1.6-litre diesel motor makes more sense – the 1.3 wouldn’t have enough power to make the SX4 a fun drive like the petrol-powered variant is. Fiat is also planning to power its Linea with the 1.6-litre engine in the next few months, so that leads us to believe that the 1.6 will be the likely motor.

Source:Carwale.com
    Addy

Thumbs up Re: SX4 Diesel coming Next month!

Post  Addy 24th June 2009, 12:39 pm

Road Rocket wrote:Maruti Suzuki might just pull a rabbit out of their hat – we hear that the company might be ready with the diesel variant of its SX4. The SX4 could have a 1.3-litre or 1.6-litre multijet diesel engine in it.
    Considering the kerb weight of the car, the 1.6-litre diesel motor makes more sense – the 1.3 wouldn’t have enough power to make the SX4 a fun drive like the petrol-powered variant is. Fiat is also planning to power its Linea with the 1.6-litre engine in the next few months, so that leads us to believe that the 1.6 will be the likely motor.

Source:Carwale.com
    I herd that they are testing a crossrover in India. I was thinkig it will be SX4 hatch it already has a disele powerplant and it is 4X4. So lets see
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 24th June 2009, 1:17 pm

But from what I had heard, SX4 will not be coming before next year. And the motor will be a 1.6lt, as the company has officially declared.
    autodude sparsh
    autodude sparsh

Post  autodude sparsh 24th June 2009, 2:28 pm

If SX4 1.6 JTD is coming next month, expect Linea 1.6L JTD to come in 3-4 months time at most.
    abhinavgupta
    abhinavgupta

Post  abhinavgupta 24th June 2009, 5:37 pm

Can we have a link to the page which says that the Suzuki is officially coming with the 1.6JTD.
    I think it will be a 1.3 90 bhp same as Linea.
    abhi_qpotsiavs
    abhi_qpotsiavs

Post  abhi_qpotsiavs 24th June 2009, 7:54 pm

SX4 diesel sounds interesting. I love the ground clearence of SX4 the most.
    Addy wrote:I herd that they are testing a crossrover in India. I was thinkig it will be SX4 hatch it already has a disele powerplant and it is 4X4. So lets see
    SX4 Hatch is even more interesting. Diesel powerplant with 4x4 and a compact hatch. Seems like my dream come true. Y'day I was just thinking about Ford Fusion and was wondering why Ford is not pushing it agressively. It can be made available in Powerful Diesel Option (100bhp atleast) and 4x4 with some additional features. I won't mind paying upto 10 lacs for such a hatch.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 25th June 2009, 8:51 am

abhinavgupta wrote:Can we have a link to the page which says that the Suzuki is officially coming with the 1.6JTD.
    I think it will be a 1.3 90 bhp same as Linea.
    I'm not sure whether 1.6 jtd is coming next month, but earlier i read in some mag that MSIL don't want 1.3l VGT doing duty in Linea, as it is too small for the big SX4. But if 1.6jtd comes with SX4(any diesel in SX4), my dad will go for it for sure, as he likes the car very much and was waiting for a diesel even before we buy Logan.
    autodude sparsh
    autodude sparsh

Post  autodude sparsh 25th June 2009, 10:06 am

If 1.6L JTD of Linea or SX4 comes, it will be at least 120 BHP as te reguolar one produces 110 BHP Approx.
    Don't know about SX4, but it will surely make the Linea a total Stonker.
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 26th June 2009, 10:29 am

But if FIAT too launches the Linea with 1.6 soon then SX4 diesel will again have to face the sleepless nights!

RoadRocket
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 26th June 2009, 11:23 am

1.6 diesel plant for both would be stonker for sure, if maruti gets this plant then we would surely see it coming on LInea too which would get market even hotter.wow.
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 26th June 2009, 4:15 pm

I think, as in the Swift, Maruti will manage to tune the engine better, giving it good performance and economy.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 26th June 2009, 4:19 pm

well DC, till now only maruti has successed to tune fiat's multijet engine this wonderfully, even fiat hasent been able to do this in their own new car GP which is heard among other forums as well as their TD"S.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19th May 2024, 3:33 pm